Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Update on Chase


As you are aware, I usually post an update on Chase Towne at the end of my posts. The newest update I see from his dad is so good that I felt it should be a seperate post all together. Seeing what Chase and his family have gone through has helped me see why churches are important. It's something that I think we sometimes get wrong. Some people look at a church as where they go to talk to God. But we can talk to God anywhere. So why bother waking up early on a Sunday to attend church? Good question... and that's what keeps (some... alot?) people from attending a church. I believe (right or wrong) that a church is more of a support group of sorts. It's where you develop relationships with other people who believe that Jesus died for our sins and that there is power in prayer. Talk to my friend Chuck and his wife (Christine) and they'll tell you that the only way they've made it through all of this is prayers... their prayers, prayers from friends (old and new), and prayers from people they may never even meet. The world is a tough place... bad things sometimes happen to good people and good things sometimes happen to bad people... Life, as they say, ain't fair. It's good to be part of a group (a church, if you will) that can give you support (and give you the opportunity to give others support). Anyway, that's how I think of it. Now for the update (posted last night by Chuck):

365 days ago Chase was diagnosed with Stage 4 Neuroblastoma Cancer. 11 rounds of Chemo, 5 Major Surgeries, 800+ syringes of flush and heprin, a bout with C-Diff, 6 ER Visits, over 100 days in the hospital, over 6500 messages of encouragment, countless meals, 100's of cards and emails, and millions of prayers and we are elated to say Chase is TREATMENT FREE!

What does this mean? Chase has crossed a huge milestone! Chase will have his urine and blood tested in May and will have a full round of scans and bone aspiration in June, If his scans are still clean he will have surgery to remove his Broviac (tube in chest) at the end of June!

Your prayers and support have carried us to a place that we were not sure we would ever see this time last year. Christine and I will meet with the oncologist later this week to get the full report of scans and answer some questions. Chase will go to the nuerosurgeon tomorrow (Tuesday) for a post-op appointment.

The words Thank you are not enough for what all of your prayers and support have meant to our family. But let today's news be proof that they do work and we feel each and every one of them. We will post the details after we meet with the oncologist and neurosugeon. Thank you for all of your prayers and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment