Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Monday, February 13, 2012

The good guys won…

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Brigadier General Newton Martin Curtis (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on January 15, 1865 at Fort Fisher, North Carolina. His citation reads:

The first man to pass through the stockade, he personally led each assault on the traverses and was 4 times wounded.

Second Lieutenant Thomas W. Custer (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on May 10, 1863 at Namozine Church, Virginia. His citation reads:

Capture of flag on 10 May 1863. SECOND AWARD Place and date: At Sailor Creek , Va, April 1865. Date of issue: 26 May 1865. Citation: 2d Lt. Custer leaped his horse over the enemy's works and captured 2 stands of colors, having his horse shot from under him and receiving a severe wound.

Major Byron M. Cutcheon (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on May 10, 1863 at Horseshoe Bend, Kentucky. His citation reads:

Distinguished gallantry in leading his regiment in a charge on a house occupied by the enemy.


The Winthrop game was great. This hasn’t been the best of seasons… but in this one game the team seemed to play the way I thought they could play all season. They ended up winning by about 10 points over the evil empire known as Coastal Carolina, but the game wasn’t really that close. The Eagles scored 5 points in the last 5 seconds of the first half to end the half with an 11 point lead and didn’t look back from there. At one point I think the lead got up to about 22 points. I would have been fine with running up the score, but the Eagles took their foot off the gas. I’m not usually a “run the score up” kind of guy, but I was willing to make an exception for Coastal. Let’s hope that this is the start of a nice end of the season winning streak.


The I’m just sayin… Weekly Weigh-In

Greg 226 - I found two of the pounds I’ve been losing… maybe I’ll get rid of them this week.

Mary Ruth 46

Susie 25

Daniel 21

Many of you have been wanting me to add The Wife’s weight on here. I asked her if I could do this… her answer was “No”. It wasn’t just “No”, but that’s the only part of the answer I will share since I’m trying to keep this a PG rated blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment