Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Friday, August 22, 2014

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARIE!!!!!!!!

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Lieutenant Colonel William Y. W. Ripley (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on July 1, 1862, at Malvern Hill, Virginia. His citation reads:

At a critical moment brought up two regiments, which he led against the enemy himself, being severely wounded.

Private Demensio Rivera (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on May 22-23, 1951, at Changyongni, Korea. His citation reads:

Then-Pvt. Demensio Rivera is being recognized for his actions at Changyongni, Korea, May 22-23, 1951. When the outpost area occupied by his platoon was assaulted during the night, Rivera, an automatic rifleman, held his forward position tenaciously, although exposed to very heavy fire. When his rifle became inoperative, Rivera employed his pistol and grenades, and eventually fought the enemy hand-to-hand and forced them back.

Sergeant Ruben Rivers (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on November 15-19, 1944, near Guebling, France. His citation reads:

For extraordinary heroism in action during the 15-19 November 1944, toward Guebling, France. Though severely wounded in the leg, Sergeant Rivers refused medical treatment and evacuation, took command of another tank, and advanced with his company in Guebling the next day. Repeatedly refusing evacuation, Sergeant Rivers continued to direct his tank's fire at enemy positions through the morning of 19 November 1944. At dawn, Company A's tanks began to advance towards Bougaktroff, but were stopped by enemy fire. Sergeant Rivers, joined by another tank, opened fire on the enemy tanks, covering company A as they withdrew. While doing so, Sergeant River's tank was hit, killing him and wounding the crew. Staff Sergeant Rivers' fighting spirit and daring leadership were an inspiration to his unit and exemplify the highest traditions of military service.


I just wanted to swing by the I’m just sayin… offices this morning to wish Cougar’s sister, Marie, a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!! We hope she has a GREAT day! You, too, can wish Marie a happy birthday by donating here to my 2014 Walk to End Alzheimer’s!!!! What better gift could there be?!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment