Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Thursday, October 23, 2014

Disney Pics!!!!!!! - Part 1 of 2

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Private Henry W. Rowe (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on June 17, 1864, at Petersburg, Virginia. His citation reads:

With 2 companions, he rushed and disarmed 27 enemy pickets, capturing a stand of flags.

Sergeant Stanislaus Roy (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on June 25, 1876, at Little Big Horn, Montana. His citation reads:

Brought water to the wounded at great danger to life and under a most galling fire of the enemy.

Corporal Tibor Rubin (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions from July 23, 1950 – April 20, 1953, in the Republic of Korea. His citation reads:

Corporal Tibor Rubin distinguished himself by extraordinary heroism during the period from July 23, 1950, to April 20, 1953, while serving as a rifleman with Company I, 8th Cavalry Regiment, 1st Cavalry Division in the Republic of Korea. While his unit was retreating to the Pusan Perimeter, Corporal Rubin was assigned to stay behind to keep open the vital Taegu-Pusan Road link used by his withdrawing unit. During the ensuing battle, overwhelming numbers of North Korean troops assaulted a hill defended solely by Corporal Rubin. He inflicted a staggering number of casualties on the attacking force during his personal 24-hour battle, single-handedly slowing the enemy advance and allowing the 8th Cavalry Regiment to complete its withdrawal successfully. Following the breakout from the Pusan Perimeter, the 8th Cavalry Regiment proceeded northward and advanced into North Korea. During the advance, he helped capture several hundred North Korean soldiers. On October 30, 1950, Chinese forces attacked his unit at Unsan, North Korea, during a massive nighttime assault. That night and throughout the next day, he manned a .30 caliber machine gun at the south end of the unit's line after three previous gunners became casualties. He continued to man his machine gun until his ammunition was exhausted. His determined stand slowed the pace of the enemy advance in his sector, permitting the remnants of his unit to retreat southward. As the battle raged, Corporal Rubin was severely wounded and captured by the Chinese. Choosing to remain in the prison camp despite offers from the Chinese to return him to his native Hungary, Corporal Rubin disregarded his own personal safety and immediately began sneaking out of the camp at night in search of food for his comrades. Breaking into enemy food storehouses and gardens, he risked certain torture or death if caught. Corporal Rubin provided not only food to the starving Soldiers, but also desperately needed medical care and moral support for the sick and wounded of the POW camp. His brave, selfless efforts were directly attributed to saving the lives of as many as forty of his fellow prisoners. Corporal Rubin's gallant actions in close contact with the enemy and unyielding courage and bravery while a prisoner of war are in the highest traditions of military service and reflect great credit upon himself and the United States Army.


We made it to Disney World and back without getting divorced or losing/killing any of our children.  This might not sound like much, but if you had been with us the whole trip, you'd be shocked.  I will say, though, that if you go to Disney World and don't hate your family at some point (and have them hate you), then you probably aren't getting the most out of your trip.

For those of you keeping score, I rode the following rides...

It's a Small World
Peter Pan
Splash Mountain
People Movers (2x)

I was worried I'd have to ride others, but I lucked out when Susie hated Splash Mountain.  After that, I was off the hook for the other rides.



Picture Thursday


We're going to Disney World!!!!!!

Our Magic Bands... Guess who had which colors...

Susie started the trip as a 4 year old... but ended as a 5 year old

On our way to Magic Kingdom... Daniel:  "Mommy, I like this ride!"

Getting ready for Magic Kingdom

Daniel's first look at the real Mickey Mouse

Walt and Mick

The girls meeting Anna... Daniel didn't want to meet any of the princesses because "I don't like girls, only my sisters".

The girls meeting Elsa

Daniel drawing a picture for Mickey Mouse... He gave it to Mickey and he (Mickey) was very thankful and put it on his desk.

The Wife and Mary Ruth loved this ride...

Me and Susie on the People Mover while The Wife, Mary Ruth and Daniel went on a Buzz Lightyear ride

Susie... after we got off of Splash Mountain

Daniel... loving life.

Me with Donald Duck (I'm on the right)

Daniel with Lightning McQueen

Susie and Daniel on a 74-Z Imperial Speeder Bike


At the Frozen sing-a-long

No comments:

Post a Comment