Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Thursday, January 1, 2015

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Principal Musician William Schmidt (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on November 25, 1863, at Missionary Ridge, Tennessee. His citation reads:

Rescued a wounded comrade under terrific fire.

Sergeant George Schneider (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on July 30, 1864, at Petersburg, Virginia. His citation reads:

After the color sergeant had been shot down, seized the colors and planted them on the enemy's works during the charge.

Corporal Christian Schnell (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on May 22, 1863, at Vicksburg, Mississippi. His citation reads:

Gallantry in the charge of the "volunteer storming party."


All of us at I’m just sayin… would like to wish all of you out there a very HAPPY NEW YEAR! We hope 2015 is a great year!

Congrats to the Revolutionary War Heroes for their Independence Bowl victory over the Miami Hurricanes last Saturday.

Congrats, also, to the Tigers for their Russell Athletic Bowl (formerly known as the Blockbuster Bowl, CarQuest Bowl, MicronPC Bowl, MicronPC.com Bowl, Visit Florida Tangerine Bowl, Mazda Tangerine Bowl and Champs Sports Bowl) win over Oklahoma. I especially enjoyed watching this game as my friend and former JI baseball teammate, Tony Elliott, was talked about a good bit before and during the game. And it was great seeing the first play go for a TD. I look forward to seeing Tony do (more) great things in the future.

Mary Ruth didn’t want gifts for her birthday this year… she just wanted pet supplies for the SPCA. How great is that? 9 years old and thinking more about animals in need than herself. Makes me proud.

I’m not sure what my posting schedule is going to be like this year… I’m thinking about not having a schedule. I’ll post when I post and you’ll read it when you read it. Still, I’m sure I’ll have pictures to share. Speaking of pictures… here are some now.


I’m just sayin… Pictures

The Birthday girl with her cake...

Susie wearing a Christmas gift while playing with one of Daniel's Christmas gifts


Goofball

I sent Alan a text that I was going to wear my 4 Horsemen t-shirt... I knew I could count on him to make me look good.  :)

Mom and Dad with their favorite son, their oldest son and their daughter...

The whole family

This picture was on the Dorchester SPCA Facebook page... As I said before, Mary Ruth decided that instead of birthday gifts, she wanted donations for the SPCA.  She even used some of her Christmas money to buy supplies for them.  What a great girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment