Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Thursday, April 30, 2015

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SONNY AND MINDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Platoon Sergeant Elemelindo R. Smith (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on February 16, 1967, in the Republic of Vietnam. His citation reads:

For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty. During a reconnaissance patrol. his platoon was suddenly engaged by intense machinegun fire hemming in the platoon on 3 sides. A defensive perimeter was hastily established, but the enemy added mortar and rocket fire to the deadly fusillade and assaulted the position from several directions. With complete disregard for his safety, P/Sgt. Smith moved through the deadly fire along the defensive line, positioning soldiers, distributing ammunition and encouraging his men to repeal the enemy attack. Struck to the ground by enemy fire which caused a severe shoulder wound, he regained his feet, killed the enemy soldier and continued to move about the perimeter. He was again wounded in the shoulder and stomach but continued moving on his knees to assist in the defense. Noting the enemy massing at a weakened point on the perimeter, he crawled into the open and poured deadly fire into the enemy ranks. As he crawled on, he was struck by a rocket. Moments later, he regained consciousness, and drawing on his fast dwindling strength, continued to crawl from man to man. When he could move no farther, he chose to remain in the open where he could alert the perimeter to the approaching enemy. P/Sgt. Smith perished, never relenting in his determined effort against the enemy. The valorous acts and heroic leadership of this outstanding soldier inspired those remaining members of his platoon to beat back the enemy assaults. P/Sgt. Smith's gallant actions were in keeping with the highest traditions of the U.S. Army and they reflect great credit upon him and the Armed Forces of his country.

Chief Watertender Eugene P. Smith (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on September 9, 1915, on board the U.S.S. Decatur. His citation reads:

Attached to U.S.S. Decatur; for several times entering compartments on board of Decatur immediately following an explosion on board that vessel, 9 September 1915, and locating and rescuing injured shipmates.

First Lieutenant/Adjutant Francis M. Smith (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on February 6, 1865, at Dabney Mills, Virginia. His citation reads:

Voluntarily remained with the body of his regimental commander under a heavy fire after the brigade had retired and brought the body off the field.


Help Team I’m just sayin… in the Walk to End Alzheimer’s

To donate to me: Click Here.

To join team I’m just sayin…: Click Here.


I know he doesn’t believe in birthdays (and at his age, who can blame him?), but I still want to wish my old(er) brother Sonny a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope he has a great day.

I’d also like to wish my good friend Minde a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope Travis and the girls make it a great day.


Good luck to the James Island Baseball team as they begin the playoffs tonight. Take it one game at a time…


Tomorrow marks the start of Countdown May! This year is going to be a little different than the past years. This year I am going to have a different countdown each day. The number of things being counted down will be based on the date (you’ll see). I hope it’s fun… though, who knows. Feel free to post your own countdown each day to show everyone what you think.


I’m just sayin… Picture Day







No comments:

Post a Comment