Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Sunday, August 9, 2015

Joyful, Joyful We Adore Thee

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Sergeant Bernard Taylor (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on November 1, 1874, near Sunset Pass, Arizona. His citation reads:

Bravery in rescuing Lt. King, 5th U.S. Cavalry, from Indians.

Charles Taylor (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on July 17, 1862, at Big Dry Wash, Arizona. His citation reads:

Gallantry in action.

Captain Forrester L. Taylor (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on May 3, 1863, at Chancellorsville. Virginia. His citation reads:

At great risk voluntarily saved the lives of and brought from the battlefield 2 wounded comrades.


Help Team I’m just sayin… in the Walk to End Alzheimer’s

To donate to me: Click Here.

To join team I’m just sayin…: Click Here.


The I’m just sayin… Hymn of the Week

Joyful, Joyful We Adore Thee


Also known as “The Hymn of Joy”, this hymn was written by Henry van Dyke in 1907 and is musically set to the “Ode to Joy” melody of the final movement of Ludwig van Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9. The lyrics are great… but the music is outstanding, which isn’t really surprising since that part comes from Beethoven (LvB to his friends).


Joyful, joyful, we adore Thee,
God of glory, Lord of love;
hearts unfold like flow'rs before Thee,
Opening to the Sun above,
Melt the clouds of sin and sadness;
drive the dark of doubt away;
Giver of immortal gladness,
fill us with the light of day!

All Thy works with joy surround Thee,
earth and heav'n reflect Thy rays,
stars and angels sing around Thee,
center of unbroken praise:
Field and forest, vale and mountain,
Flow'ry meadow, flashing sea,
chanting bird and flowing fountain,
call us to rejoice in Thee.

Thou art giving and forgiving,
ever blessing, ever blest,
well-spring of the joy of living,
ocean-depth of happy rest!
Thou the Father, Christ our Brother,—
all who live in love are Thine:
Teach us how to love each other,
lift us to the Joy Divine.

Mortals join the mighty chorus,
which the morning stars began;
Father-love is reigning o'er us,
brother-love binds man to man.
Ever singing, march we onward,
victors in the midst of strife;
joyful music lifts us sunward
in the triumph song of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment