Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Monday, November 7, 2016

Happy Birthday Leigh-Ann!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would like to take a minute today to wish my friend Leigh-Ann a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I trust KC and the kids will make it a great day.


So, as you know, I hate the Coastal Carolina Fair. The traffic is usually terrible and the place is usually packed. Plus, it is a huge drain on my bank account. All for what? So The Wife and Kids can ride some un-safe rides (in my opinion) or we can spend $100 to “win” a stuffed animal that will be lost within a month at the latest? No thanks. Not interested.

Friday night The Wife says to me, “How would you like to go to the Fair tomorrow with Rebecca and the boys?” I, of course, say “No”. Then she takes the low road and says, “Well Jeremy can’t go so Rebecca will probably need help with Ethan”. So Saturday a little after noon, we head out to the Fair. It’s not like there was anything on TV on a Saturday in November that would interest me (like, say, college football). I won’t say it was the worst day ever, because I got to spend a lot of time with Susie and Ethan while the other kids were riding all of the various rides… but it wasn’t an easy day. God, though, must have been smiling down on me because I did get to see (and say “Hey” to) former Clemson football Coach Danny Ford. He was there from 12-3 signing autographs and taking pictures and all that. Unfortunately, I didn’t realize he was there and just happened to walk into the area he was at after 3:00… so I just saw him on his way out. But, being the polite man that he is, he did say, “Hey, how ya doing?”… to which, being the child of the ‘80s who grew up watching/going to Clemson football games that I am, screamed, “HOLY SH!T SUSIE! LOOK, IT’S DANNY F’ING FORD!” I then pushed her out of the way because I didn’t want her distracting me from Coach Ford. At least, that’s what happened in my head. In real life I just smiled and said, “Hey Coach”. I would guess that had I stopped to talk to him, he would have stopped and talked to me. From what I hear, that’s the kind of guy he is. But I didn’t want to take up his time and, frankly, I was worried about what I might say. It would have probably been a bunch of “Do you remember that game when…?” or “My favorite Clemson players are _____, who are yours?”… stuff like that. Still, seeing him made me happy. So happy that I was able to make it the rest of the day without complaining one bit. We ended up leaving late that night (after 7pm). In “Dad-time”, we spent a good 17 hours at the Fair and that is time I am never going to get back. But I do have some pictures to share…























No comments:

Post a Comment