Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Monday, March 8, 2010

Hello Friends..............

I'm back and better than ever... and I'm sleepy so this won't take long.

The semester is half-way over and I'm still alive, so I've got that going for me. Saturday was a pretty big day for me. Winthrop beat the evil Coastal Carolina to win the Big South Championship and earn a spot in the NCAA Tournament. GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!

Also on Saturday, I received an invitation to join the CSU chapter of Sigma Beta Delta, the international honor society for students in business, management, and administration. This proves I'm the smartest child in my family, giving me the Triple Crown (Brains, Looks, Humor).

In other news... Scooby is still alive through no fault of my own.

I have a newly published book out on the market. By "book" I mean a paper I wrote for my class about my friend Kevin Carter. By "published" I mean I have copies printed. It's actually two books in one. Might be one of my better writings.

Chase Towne Update: (from his dad): Chase has enjoyed a nice weekend at home. Each day he gets a little better. He is still not 100 percent. We can tell his abdomen is still pretty tender, as he does not climb much. On a positive note, last night he took his clothes off and motioned for us to turn on the music. He was ready for a dance party. He did his "popcorn" dance and was so excited to watch his sister dance. I guess you could say each day brings us one step closer to recovery and "Beating It." Good Lord willing Chase has NOTHING scheduled until March 17. This will be the first time he has had 12 days off since he started his fight in April of 2009. Please say a prayer asking for full recovery and an "uneventful" week. Thank you for the continued thoughts and prayers for our Miracle Baby!

Speaking of Chase, I had a chance to see him and his family while he was at MUSC after his latest surgery. His parents were VERY thankful for all of the prayers. So I will again remind everyone to pray for Chase and his family.

I have been told that there are some people at my new favorite church who don't like it when music is played at the end of the sermon while the preacher is still talking. I, for one, don't like it when the preacher can't take a hint from the guy playing the music that it's time to wrap things up. I'm just sayin...

No comments:

Post a Comment