Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Madness of March

What a great time of year! The first Thursday and Friday of the NCAA Tournament! I love it! But Greg, you might ask, aren’t you upset that Winthrop lost and missed out on their chance to upset Duke and be the first 16 seed to beat a 1 seed? Eh, sure... I wanted Winthrop to win... but life is too short to be mad about something like that. Listen, WU has been to the NCAA tournament 9 times and they’ve only made it to the 2nd round once. But you know what? That one time is enough to last me a lifetime. Sure, I want them to advance again one day. Heck, I want them to win it all one day. But even if they don’t, I’ll always have that memory of 2007. Sitting in a crowded Bobby Hartin’s Sports Grill and Raw Bar with Jeremy, yelling at the TV when CBS left the WU/ND game to show some other game and seeing the Winthrop lead slowly go away. We started the night watching the game on the big screen there but by the end we were standing up watching it on one of the smaller TVs because it was about 1 second faster than the big screen. Oh what a night! Who knows, maybe next year I’ll get to see the Eagles make it to the Sweet 16.

Of course, you can’t talk about the NCAA Tournament without talking about the clip below. I was at my Uncle George & Aunt Yvonne’s house the night of this game. If my memory is correct, they had gone out for the night so it was just me, my cousins at the house. Susan and Alan were both in bed, which left me and Louis down in the den watching the game. The guy for Kentucky hit the shot to take the lead. You have to remember, back then I was a huge Duke fan. Now, sometimes I like them, sometimes I don’t... but back then, I was a huge fan. So was Louis. So we’re walking around the den and I keep saying it’s going to be ok, Duke is going to win, there’s still time. Really, I don’t know if I believed it or if I just wanted to believe it. So Grant Hill takes the ball, makes a great pass, Laettner catches the pass, dribbles, spins, shoots and SCORES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We went wild. We were screaming and running around the den. I think at one point, Louis jumped up and I caught him and we were running around. Then, of course, we went to the court in his back yard and tried to recreate the shot for about 1,000 or so times.

That, friends, is why this time of year is so great. You can’t buy memories like that.



Chase Towne Update: (from his dad) Chase’s doctor's visits were short and sweet. Clinic was good, all of Chase's blood counts looked good. The abdomen surgeon said all looked good, the surgery was a success and cleared Chase. One more hurdle cleared on Chase's road to "beating it." So as long as nothing comes up Chase gets another 12 days off to finish recuperating and gain strength. Chase will report to Clinic on March 29th for a pre-surgery check-up. If all looks good, then he will have a craniotomy on March 31st to remove the tumor between the two hemispheres of his skull. Thank you for the continued support and prayers of our miracle baby!

Cleveland Cavs Update: The Cavs won... again... 99-94 over Indiana. The top NBA team will take the court again tomorrow night at Chicago.

James Island Trojans Update: The Trojans won last night 10-0. More on this later today (or maybe tomorrow)....

Winthrop Eagles Update: The Eagles season ended on Tuesday night when the lost to UAPB in the Opening Round of the NCAA Tournament.

NCAA Tournament Game of the Day: The 10 seeded Saint Mary’s Gaels take on Clark Williams’s’s’ 7 seeded Richmond Spiders. I’m Just Sayin... is going to take the Spiders in this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment