Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Saturday, January 22, 2011

Happy Birthday Meredith!!!!!!!

Let me start by wishing a Happy 8th Birthday to my niece, Meredith!!! All of us at I’m just sayin... hope she has a great day. Mary Ruth and Susie can’t wait to skate at her party.

I can remember the day she was born. I was sick. The kind of sick you remember 8 years later. We were still in the apartment at the time. Doubting Teri called The Wife and had her come over to their house to watch Leah and Ansley while she and Brent went to the hospital. Of course, this was back when they lived close to us… not like now.

It also snowed that day… or around that day. I remember going to see them in the hospital and looking out and seeing white. I don’t think it stayed around long, but it was there.

Before I forget, let me send a big thank you to my friend KC over at “Our Life” for his post yesterday wishing me a happy birthday.

There is a big difference between turning 22 and turning 32. Last night was spent at home with Mary Ruth and Susie while The Wife was at the church for Respite Night. So after playing with Susie and then getting her to bed, Mary Ruth and I spent the rest of the night watching Veggie Tales and Scooby Doo videos (since it was my birthday, MR let me pick the second video we would watch… I picked Scooby Doo).

Winthrop Update: The Eagles beat Radford at home Thursday night. They take on High Point tonight. I will be there (after Meredith’s party, of course).

TheI’m just sayin… Football Playoff Predictions

Sunday
Green Bay at Chicago 3:00pm (FOX) – Hmm… I think I’m going to go with Green Bay on this one. Of course, I haven’t been a big believer in Chicago this season… so they’ll probably win. But I’m picking Green Bay to win by 7.

Pittsburgh vs. New York Jets 6:30pm (CBS) – I’ve got to go with the Steelers on this one. I pick Pittsburgh to beat the J-E-T-S, JetsJetsJets by 3.

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Lieutenant Wilmon W. Blackmar (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on April 1, 1865 at Five Forks, Virginia. His citation reads:

At a critical stage of the battle, without orders, led a successful advance upon the enemy.

Private Robert L. Blackwell (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on October 11, 1918 near St. Souplet, France. His citation reads:

When his platoon was almost surrounded by the enemy and his platoon commander asked for volunteers to carry a message calling for reinforcements, Pvt. Blackwell volunteered for this mission, well knowing the extreme danger connected with it. In attempting to get through the heavy shell and machinegun fire this gallant soldier was killed.

Surgeon William R. D. Blackwood (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on April 2, 1865 at Petersburg, Virginia. His citation reads:

Removed severely wounded officers and soldiers from the field while under a heavy fire from the enemy, exposing himself beyond the call of duty, thus furnishing an example of most distinguished gallantry.

No comments:

Post a Comment