Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I DID IT!!!!!!

I finally got an email read on the Tony Kornheiser Show! Go here and click on the 11-04-11 show (hour 2). The emails are read near the end of the show. For any of you not really on top of things, I’m Greg from Summerville. Perhaps I’m more of a big deal than even I realize… What do I mean? You’ll see…

Before I go on… RIP Smokin’ Joe Frazier (67). He fought Ali back when boxing was worth watching and the commentators were worth listening to.

RIP also to rapper Heavy D (44). As you know, this is the Heavy D from Heavy D and the Boyz. They had some good hits back in the 1990’s if my memory is correct.

What is wrong with the world? I’ve worried about bad stuff happening to my girls since the day they were born… now I’ve got to worry about Daniel, too?! Of course I’m talking about this local story and this national story.

As I told you last Friday, I had a big weekend planned and I’m happy to tell you that everything was as great as I thought it would be. Let me start by thanking Jim, Deeny, Mom, and Dad for blocking off this past weekend at the Lake House (Da Casa BaNana2) in an effort to help me bribe my friends to… well… stay friends with me. I think it worked… because everyone was a LOT nicer to me after they saw the place than they were in the days/weeks/months/years leading up to this past weekend. Due to legal reasons, I cannot tell you about everything that happened over the weekend. I can, however, tell you that a good time was had by all. And while I can’t speak for everyone, I can tell you that I stayed up later on back to back nights than I have in a long, long time. Pictures were taken and I’m sure they will find their way onto the internet at some point. Not everyone I invited was able to make it. My friend Adrian was sick and had to stay home. Adrian, if you read this I want you to know that I’m sorry you couldn’t make it. You were missed. Her husband also missed. He was not sick. Michael, if you read this I want you to know that I am sorry you decided not to come even after Adrian told you to. You are dead to me.   :)

I did give my friends a little gift for the weekend:




And here is a picture of the lake... the water level was down just a tad. But that was ok… with everything else to do at the house, we didn’t have any time to go out on the lake anyway.



My idea was to put a paper towel sheet down on the ground so that it looked like it had soaked up the water from the lake. The Wife thought that was a stupid idea (I know because when I told it to her, she rolled her eyes and said “That’s a stupid idea”). Now I wish I had done it. For what it’s worth, the water level was better when we left. It wasn’t great… but it was better.

The I’m just sayin... Football Predictions Results

High School
James Island at West Ashley – I picked James Island to win this game and I was WRONG! JI lost, 11-29.

Summerville at Colleton County – I picked Summerville to win this game and I was RIGHT! Summerville won, 21-7.

I didn’t pick the Ashley Ridge game last week.

Dorman vs. Woodmont –I picked Dorman to win this game and I was RIGHT! Dorman won, 45-7.

College
#10South Carolina at #8Arkansas – I picked the Revolutionary War Heroes to win this game and I was WRONG! USC lost, 28-44.

#11Clemson – The Tigers were off last week.

Navy vs. Troy – I picked Navy to win this game and I was RIGHT! Navy won, 42-14.

CSU vs. Stony Brook – I picked Stony Brook to win this game and I was RIGHT! CSU lost, 31-50.

Wyoming vs. TCU – I picked TCU to win this game and I was RIGHT! Wyoming lost, 20-31.

Appalachian State at Furman – I picked Appalachian State to win this game and I was WRONG! Appalachian State lost, 10-20.

NFL
Pittsburgh vs. Baltimore – I picked Pittsburgh to win and I was WRONG! The Steelers lost, 20-23.

Miami at Kansas City – I picked Kansas City to win this game and I was WRONG! The Dolphins won, 31-3.

I’m just sayin… Football Prediction Record

High School: 31-10

College: 41-11

NFL: 10-7

Overall: 82-28

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Quartermaster Sergeant Stephen E. Chandler (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on April 5, 1865 at Amelia Springs, Virginia. His citation reads:

Under severe fire of the enemy and of the troops in retreat, went between the lines to the assistance of a wounded and helpless comrade, and rescued him from death or capture.

Seaman Apprentice August Chandron (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on November 21, 1885 on board the USS Quinnebaug. His citation reads:

On board the U.S.S. Quinnebaug, Alexandria, Egypt, on the morning of 21 November 1885. Jumping overboard from that vessel, Chandron, with the aid of Hugh Miller, boatswain's mate, rescued William Evans, ordinary seaman, from drowning.

Private Alaric B. Chapin (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on January 15, 1865 at Fort Fisher, North Carolina. His citation reads:

Voluntarily advanced with the head of the column and cut down the palisading.

1 comment:

  1. Greg,
    I'm sorry I missed your "Big Deal Lake Weekend." Now where's that koozie?

    ReplyDelete