Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Wednesday, December 21, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!!!!!!!

Today we would like to wish my Dad a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! The old man turned 69 today… he’s one of the few people I know who’s older than my friend KC. Haha. Anyway, I won’t do a 69 things about Dad… I’ll save that for next year. I will say that he’s a great Dad and that I love him very much. Dad has three children (that we know about)… one daughter and two sons. One son once majored in Computer Science at a highly respected University and is currently on Facebook, LinkedIn, has a widely successful blog, two twitter accounts and helps run a well respected message board. The other son is the one who gets called whenever Dad has any technology questions.

Anyway, Happy Birthday Dad! I love you!

Now for the I’m just sayin… Top Christmas Songs of All-Time as voted on by the I’m just sayin… staff.

25. My Only Wish (This Year) - Britney Spears

24. White Christmas - Bing Crosby

23. Oh Come, All Ye Faithful - Any Church Congregation

22. O, Holy Night - Any Church Congregation

21. Rockin’ Around The Christmas Tree - Brenda Lee

20. The Christmas Song - Nat King Cole

19. Winter Wonderland - Darius Rucker

18. Silent Night - Any Church Congregation

17. Little Saint Nick - The Beach Boys

16. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas - Frank Sinatra

15. The Little Drummer Boy - Peggy Lee

14. Blue Christmas - Elvis Presley

13. Christmas Baby, Please Come Home - Jon Bon Jovi

12. Santa Baby - Kylie Minogue

11. Christmas In Dixie - Alabama

10. I’ll Be Home For Christmas - Bing Crosby

9. Baby, It’s Cold Outside - Dean Martin

8. Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer - Elmo and Patsy

7. Run Run Rudolph - Chuck Berry

6. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town - Bruce Springsteen

5. The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don’t Be Late) - The Chipmunks

4. Feliz Navidad - Jose Feliciano

3. All I Want For Christmas Is You - Mariah Carey

2. Go Tell It On The Mountain - Any Church Congregation

1. Joy To The World - Any Church Congregation


As always, feel free to post a comment letting me know how much you agree with me. Oh… Any Church Congregation is just that... any church congregation. It’s not the name of some new group.

The I’m just sayin… College Football Playoffs (Playoffs!?) First Round Prediction Results:

1 LSU (SEC Champion) vs. 16 Northern Illinois (MAC Champion) – I picked LSU to win this game and I was RIGHT! LSU won, 34-0.

2 Oklahoma St. (Big 12 Champion) vs. 15 Southern Mississippi (C-USA Champion) – I picked OSU to win this game and I was RIGHT! Oklahoma St. won, 26-7.

3 Alabama (At Large) vs. 14 TCU (MWC Champion) - I picked TCU to win this game and I was WRONG! Alabama won, 35-10.

5 Stanford (At Large) vs. 13 West Virginia (Big East Champion) – I picked Stanford to win this game and I was RIGHT! Stanford won, 16-13 on a last second FG.

4 Oregon (Pac 12 Champion) vs. 12 Michigan State (Sun Belt Champion) – I picked Oregon to win this game and I was WRONG! Michigan State pulled off the upset, winning 28-24.

6 Arkansas (At Large) vs. 11 Kansas State (WAC Champion) – I picked Arkansas to win this game and I was RIGHT! Arkansas won, 35-17.

7 Boise State (At Large) vs. 10 Clemson (ACC winner) – I picked Clemson to win this game and I was RIGHT! The Tigers won, 33-13.

8 Wisconsin (Big 10 winner) vs. 9 South Carolina (At Large) – I picked the Revolutionary War Heroes pull off the win and I was WRONG! USC made a great comeback in the 4th Quarter, but came up just short losing 20-22.

First… I’m not counting these games in my final record… but I will keep count of them for the playoffs (playoffs!?).

Second… It looks like I somehow forgot to pick the NFL games for this past weekend. Guess I was too focused on picking the bowl games.

C… I’m not going to post the results of my bowl picks until the end of the “bowl season”. That is, if we remember that long from now that we even picked those games.

Fifthly… These games are played by the CPU on my PS3. I have no control over the outcome.

I’m just sayin… College Football Playoffs (Playoffs!?) Prediction Record

5 - 3


Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Chief Boatswain’s Mate Joseph Clancy (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on June 13 and 20-22, 1900 in China. His citation reads:

In action with the relief expedition of the Allied forces in China, 13, 20, 21 and 22 June 1900. During this period and in the presence of the enemy, Clancy distinguished himself by his conduct.

First Sergeant Albert A. Clapp (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on April 6, 1865 at Sailors Creek, Virginia. His citation reads:

Capture of battle flag of the 8th Florida Infantry (C.S.A.).

Lieutenant/Adjutant Charles A. Clark (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on May 4, 1863 at Brooks Ford, Virginia. His citation reads:

Having voluntarily taken command of his regiment in the absence of its commander, at great personal risk and with remarkable presence of mind and fertility of resource led the command down an exceedingly precipitous embankment to the Rappahannock River and by his gallantry, coolness, and good judgment in the face of the enemy saved the command from capture or destruction.

1 comment:

  1. Great list. I really am not a big fan of M. Carey but I love "All I want for Christmas..." Great SONG!! Merry Christmas to you, the ife and Kids!

    ReplyDelete