Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Friday, December 2, 2011

Now it’s a party…

So I’m sitting around last night looking at twitter and I start seeing stuff about Dabo’s interview. Twitter was a tweeting all over the place about Dabo responding to what Spurrier said about Clemson. Now there is talk that maybe Spurrier didn’t say what they said he said. To me, that would be too bad… because I thought it was funny. I think trash talk like this is good for a rivalry. I loved Dabo’s response. You can hear it for yourself below. When I first listened to it, I didn’t see what the big deal was with what Dabo said… then I got about halfway… maybe ¾ of the way through it and… as my friend Michael would say… BOOM! Next thing I know, the gloves are off and the trash talk is flying. I must say I’m impressed that Dabo didn’t end up saying “F--- you Steve!”



It reminds me a little of an article my cousin Louis wrote a long time ago in The Tiger. I won’t repost it on here… because I don’t have it. And out of respect for my friends who cheer for the Revolutionary War Heroes… something tells me you wouldn’t appreciate it the way my Clemson friends would. Anyway, after all of this talking I sure hope Clemson wins this Saturday or things could get ugly in this state.

One word to the USC fans out there (not my friends… I’m talking to the people I’ve been hearing on the radio). You can’t go all season talking about how Shaw is so much better than Garcia and then turn around and talk about how your team won with a “back-up” QB. I think we all know USC was a lot better off with Shaw at QB this season… and had the change come sooner, the Revolutionary War Heroes might be playing LSU this Saturday.

The I’m just sayin... Football Predictions

College
#21Clemson vs. #5Virginia Tech – ACC Championship Game - 8:00pm (ESPN) – Maybe it’s a “heart” pick… I don’t know. I was all set to pick Virginia Tech, but then I listened to what Dabo had to say. I know it had nothing to do with Virginia Tech, but still… I now find myself leaning towards Clemson. Call me crazy, but I’m picking the Tigers to win this game.

#1LSU vs. #12Georgia – SEC Championship Game – 4:00pm (CBS) – Hey, remember when the “experts” at ESPN said Boise State didn’t have any good wins because they beat a bad Georgia team? This is why I think that deep down, all experts are morons. I’m looking at you Craig James. Anywho, let me tell you why I hate the BCS. Because I now find myself in a situation where I’d kind of like them to put a one loss LSU in the championship game against a one loss Alabama team… because if that won’t show people how flawed this system is then I don’t know what will. For this to happen, Georgia will have to win this Saturday. Seeing as how this is practically a home game for them, I think they might be able to pull it off. But it’s hard for me to want Georgia to win. It just doesn’t feel natural. But, I can’t let that get in my way. I’m a professional and I have a job to do… LSU is a very good team, but I think UGA will pull off the upset. I’m picking Georgia to win this game.

NFL
Pittsburgh vs. Cincinnati – 1:00pm (CBS) - The Steelers won in Cincinnati and I think they’ll win again in Pittsburgh.

Miami vs. Oakland – 1:00pm (CBS) – I’m picking Miami to win this game.

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Assistant Surgeon James Robb Church (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on June 24, 1898 at Las Guasimas, Cuba. His citation reads:

In addition to performing gallantly the duties pertaining to his position, voluntarily and unaided carried several seriously wounded men from the firing line to a secure position in the rear, m each instance being subjected to a very heavy fire and great exposure and danger.

Corporal Samuel J. Churchill (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on December 15, 1864 at Nashville, Tennessee. His citation reads:

When the fire of the enemy's batteries compelled the men of his detachment for a short time to seek shelter, he stood manfully at his post and for some minutes worked his gun alone.

Private First Class Joseph J. Cicchetti (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on February 9, 1945 in South Manila, Luzon, Philippine Islands. His citation reads:

He was with troops assaulting the first important line of enemy defenses. The Japanese had converted the partially destroyed Manila Gas Works and adjacent buildings into a formidable system of mutually supporting strongpoints from which they were concentrating machinegun, mortar, and heavy artillery fire on the American forces. Casualties rapidly mounted, and the medical aid men, finding it increasingly difficult to evacuate the wounded, called for volunteer litter bearers. Pfc. Cicchetti immediately responded, organized a litter team and skillfully led it for more than 4 hours in rescuing 14 wounded men, constantly passing back and forth over a 400-yard route which was the impact area for a tremendous volume of the most intense enemy fire. On 1 return trip the path was blocked by machinegun fire, but Pfc. Cicchetti deliberately exposed himself to draw the automatic fire which he neutralized with his own rifle while ordering the rest of the team to rush past to safety with the wounded. While gallantly continuing his work, he noticed a group of wounded and helpless soldiers some distance away and ran to their rescue although the enemy fire had increased to new fury. As he approached the casualties, he was struck in the head by a shell fragment, but with complete disregard for his gaping wound he continued to his comrades, lifted 1 and carried him on his shoulders 50 yards to safety. He then collapsed and died. By his skilled leadership, indomitable will, and dauntless courage, Pfc. Cicchetti saved the lives of many of his fellow soldiers at the cost of his own.

No comments:

Post a Comment