Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Monday, March 5, 2012

Pedal 4 Pattisons THIS Saturday

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Corporal Joseph H. Decastro (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on July 3, 1863 at Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. His citation reads:

Capture of flag of 19th Virginia regiment (C.S.A.).

Boatswain’s Mate Second Class Percy A. Decker (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on April 21, 1914 on board the USS Florida. His citation reads:

On board the U.S.S. Florida during the seizure of Vera Cruz, Mexico, 21 April 1914; for extraordinary heroism in the line of his profession during the seizure of Vera Cruz, Mexico.

Private Frederick Deetline (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on June 25, 1876 at Little Big Horn, Montana. His citation reads:

Voluntarily brought water to the wounded under fire.


5 days left to donate to Pedal 4 Pattisons (the fundraiser The Wife signed us up for that I told you about a month or so ago). There’s still time to donate to this great cause. Don’t wait… donate now. If you’re not sure if you’ve already given… give again. Click on the link at the side of this page or just click here to donate on my page or here to donate to The Wife’s page. Don’t forget to pray I don’t pass out and/or die during this thing on Saturday. Back in the day I was great on a bike. I could ride all day long… but, alas, I am not 15 anymore. And while I’m still proud to say I can walk all day long, riding a bike uses different muscles… and I have a feeling these muscles don’t really want to be used right now. Oh well, at least now The Wife can’t say I never did anything for her.


The I’m just sayin… Weekly Weigh-In

Greg 225 - A little too much eating out last week…

Mary Ruth 46

Susie 25

Daniel 21

No comments:

Post a Comment