Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Thursday, September 13, 2012

Sick and tired

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Quartermaster Joseph B. Hayden (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions during January 13-15, 1865, on board the USS Ticonderoga. His citation reads:

On board the U.S.S. Ticonderoga, as quartermaster in charge of steering the ship into action, during attacks on Fort Fisher, 13 to 15 January 1865. Hayden steered the ship into position in the line of battle where she maintained a well-directed fire upon the batteries to the left of the palisades during the initial phases of the engagement. Although several of the enemy's shots fell over and around the vessel, the Ticonderoga fought her guns gallantly throughout 3 consecutive days of battle until the flag was planted on one of the strongest fortifications possessed by the rebels.

Coxswain John Hayes (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on June 19, 1864, on board the USS Kearsarge. His citation reads:

Served on board the U.S.S. Kearsarge when she destroyed the Alabama off Cherbourg, France, 19 June 1864. Acting as second captain of the No. 2 gun during this bitter engagement, Hayes exhibited marked coolness and good conduct and was highly recommended for his gallantry under fire by the divisional officer.

Coxswain Thomas Hayes (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on August 5, 1864, on board the USS Richmond. His citation reads:

As Captain of No. 1 gun on board the U.S.S. Richmond during action against rebel forts and gunboats and with the ram Tennessee in Mobile Bay, 5 August 1864. Cool and courageous at his station throughout the prolonged action, Hayes maintained fire from his gun on Fort Morgan and on ships of the Confederacy despite extremely heavy return fire.


Don’t worry, I’m not mad about anything… I just really am sick and tired. I hope a day off will help me recover because I’ve got big plans for Saturday.

Big thanks to my friend Michael for his donation yesterday. It is always good to know that I can count on him to donate without me having to pressure him. It is also good to know that Michael gives when and how much he wants… he doesn’t try to hide behind his wife by saying he has to get her ok before he gives. He’s a man. I wish I could go on some more about this, but I’m too sick right now. Remember, go here to donate to my Walk to End Alzheimer’s. When you go, you’ll see that I have reached my goal (and Team I’m just sayin… has reached its goal)… DON’T LET THIS KEEP YOU FROM GIVING!


Thankful Thursday

Right now I am thankful for modern meds and for sick days. I hope both will make me feel better today.

No comments:

Post a Comment