Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Tuesday, April 30, 2013

HAPPY JUST ANOTHER DAY SONNY!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MINDE!

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Private Francis W. Lohnes (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on May 12, 1865, at Gilmans Ranch, Nebraska. His citation reads:

Gallantry in defending Government property against Indians.

Private Berger Loman (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on October 9, 1918, near Consenvoye, France. His citation reads:

When his company had reached a point within 100 yards of its objective, to which it was advancing under terrific machinegun fire, Pvt. Loman voluntarily and unaided made his way forward after all others had taken shelter from the direct fire of an enemy machinegun. He crawled to a flank position of the gun and, after killing or capturing the entire crew, turned the machinegun on the retreating enemy.

Captain John Lonergan (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on July 2, 1863, at Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. His citation reads:

Gallantry in the recapture of 4 guns and the capture of 2 additional guns from the enemy; also the capture of a number of prisoners.


We’d like to take a second to wish my friend Minde a very Happy Birthday! We’d also like to wish my “big” brother Sonny a very Happy Just Another Day on the Calendar! Sonny isn’t real big into celebrating birthdays and at his age, who can blame him? Still, I couldn’t let today go by without wishing him a happy birthday.


Tomorrow is the start of May so you know what that means… We’re countin’ down something on I’m just sayin…! From the blog that gave you the Top 1,081 Songs of All Time and the Top 2,613 Movies of All Time comes the countdown of the Top 421 Books of All Time! But wait, there’s more! Not only will we be counting down the Top 421 Books of All Time, but we’re going to do something that has never been done before (that I know of)… We’re going to countdown the Top 66 Books of the Bible! We’re doing what they said couldn’t be done!

You might be asking yourself, why so few books? Two reasons… #1, I’m only including books on this list that I have read. #2, I decided to cut out some of the “fat”. Of course the third, unspoken, reason is that it’s my blog and this is how many books I wanted to include. Really, all of these are valid reasons. Anyway, check back every day in May as we countdown the Top 421 Books of All Time (Monday – Saturday) and the Top 66 Books of the Bible (Sunday).

By the way, if you’ve given me a book and you don’t see it on this list then chances are I just haven’t had a chance to read it yet. I’ve got a (very) long list of books on my “to read” list. Chances are the book you gave me is next on my list and I’m sure I’ll love it.


Picture Tuesday

Daniel was watching Susie's "friends" for her while she played a little music for them...

The award I was given for my role in a work video for my office

Me with my co-star Aszerdee... This is the kind of respect we have around the office

Mary Ruth was teaching her puppy some tricks... at church

Susie told Daniel to put her name tag on his mouth... he did it without question

My little spider-monkey going up the stairs at church

Cowgirl Susie

My nephew Austin with his bling... He gets his championship ways from his Uncle Greg... The smile comes from his daddy

A picture from the seats Danny (yes, that Danny) had at the BB King concert I wasn't invited to


No comments:

Post a Comment