Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Friday, December 20, 2013

More Christmas Pics!!!!!!

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Corporal Henry H. Nash (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on May 3, 1863, at Vicksburg, Mississippi. His citation reads:

Was one of a party that volunteered and attempted to run the enemy's batteries with a steam tug and 2 barges loaded with subsistence stores.

Private James J. Nash (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on July 1, 1898, at Santiago, Cuba. His citation reads:

Gallantly assisted in the rescue of the wounded from in front of the lines and under heavy fire from the enemy.

Landsman David Naylor (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on August 5, 1864, on board the USS Oneida. His citation reads:

Served on board the U.S.S. Oneida in the engagement at Mobile Bay, 5 August 1864. Acting as powder boy at the 30-pounder Parrott rifle, Naylor had his passing box shot from his hands and knocked overboard where it fell in one of the Calena's boats which was under the bow. Jumping overboard, Naylor recovered his box, returned to his station and continued to carry out his courageous actions throughout the engagement which resulted in the capture of the rebel ram Tennessee and the damaging of Fort Morgan.


Daniel and I have started wrestling. This involves him running full speed at me and “knocking me down” (until I get tired of that… then I catch him and body slam him). Every now and then if I won’t let him up, he yells, “Help me Susie!” If I look at her, then Susie will usually shake her head and say, “No way Daniel”… but if I don’t look, she’ll jump be from behind and start hitting me. Then I pin her down and tickle her until Daniel gets back in the fight. I’m trying to teach them how to be a good tag team. It’s a lost art, but I want them to be like the great teams of my youth (Arn Anderson/Tully Blanchard, Rock & Roll Express, Midnight Express, Road Warriors, Steiner Brothers, Sting/Lex Luger…). Right now they are fighting under the name “The Giggle Wiggle Twins” since Susie likes to giggle and Daniel likes to wiggle… and… well… strangers think they’re twins.


Flashback Friday

Teresa Lynn, Brent and Uncle George

Uncle Keith and Granny

The front of Mom and Dad's house (looks a little different now)

Mom

Uncle Keith... probably holding up the same shirt Dad is holding up... MaMa usually got them the same thing.

Da in Mom and Dad's house... this room isn't there anymore

Brent, Teresa Lynn and Dad in Mom and Dad's living room

Another one of Mom

Sonny, me and part of Teresa Lynn

Me and Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment