Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Tuesday, December 17, 2013

You guessed it… More Labor Day pics

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Scout Nannasaddie (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions from 1872-1873. His citation reads:

Gallant conduct during campaigns and engagements with Apaches.

Scout Nantaje (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions from 1872-1873. His citation reads:

Gallant conduct during campaigns and engagements with Apaches.

Private First Class David P. Nash (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on December 29, 1968, at Giao Duc District, Dinh Tuong Province, Republic of Vietnam. His citation reads:

For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity in action at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty. Pfc. Nash distinguished himself while serving as a grenadier with Company B, in Giao Duc District. When an ambush patrol of which he was a member suddenly came under intense attack before reaching its destination, he was the first to return the enemy fire. Taking an exposed location, Pfc. Nash suppressed the hostile fusillade with a rapid series of rounds from his grenade launcher, enabling artillery fire to be adjusted on the enemy. After the foe had been routed, his small element continued to the ambush site where he established a position with 3 fellow soldiers on a narrow dike. Shortly past midnight, while Pfc. Nash and a comrade kept watch and the 2 other men took their turn sleeping, an enemy grenade wounded 2 soldiers in the adjacent position. Seconds later, Pfc. Nash saw another grenade land only a few feet from his own position. Although he could have escaped harm by rolling down the other side of the dike, he shouted a warning to his comrades and leaped upon the lethal explosive. Absorbing the blast with his body, he saved the lives of the 3 men in the area at the sacrifice of his life. By his gallantry at the cost of his life are in the highest traditions of the military service, Pfc. Nash has reflected great credit on himself, his unit, and the U.S. Army.


I just got done reading a GREAT book, Pursuit: The Chase, Capture, Persecution & Surprising Release of Confederate President Jefferson Davis, by Clint Johnson. I’m going to be honest, the title kind of gives a lot away. It’s kind of like if Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back had been called something like Star Wars Episode V: Darth Vader is Luke’s Father. I mean, I guess I’m not giving anything away when I say that Jefferson Davis tried to flee, but was caught, persecuted and then released. Still, this book is very much worth reading. It talks about things that were never taught in school. If I was an American History teacher, I would have my students read this book. I won’t go in to any more detail should any of you want to read this book (and you should).


I know this is going to come as a shock, but we have some more Labor Day pics for the blog today. I think this is the last Picture Tuesday where we will have pictures from this past Labor Day. Hope you enjoy them…


Picture Tuesday

Our big meal of the weekend...


All of the grown-ups got to sit at the big table except for me, Brent and Sonny... It was their loss

Daniel and Sonny sitting the in the game room watching football

A crowd in the media room watching Clemson play UGA in the first game of the season

Sitting around the table talking about how great I'm just sayin... is.

Another shot from the media room during the game

Me and Susie

Nana holding Daniel while he takes a nap... or maybe it's Daniel holding Nana while she takes a nap.


No comments:

Post a Comment