Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Thursday, April 10, 2014

Cory didn't win

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Private Byron E. Pay (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on February 15, 1863, at Nolensville, Tennessee. His citation reads:

Was one of a detachment of 16 men who heroically defended a wagon train against the attack of 125 cavalry, repulsed the attack and saved the train.

Corporal Irvin C. Payne (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on April 6, 1865, at Sailors Creek, Virginia. His citation reads:

Capture of Virginia State colors.

Trumpeter Isaac Payne (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on April 25, 1875, at Pecos River, Texas. His citation reads:

With 3 other men, he participated in a charge against 25 hostiles while on a scouting patrol.


If you missed Sonny’s sermon from March 30, you need to check it out. I don’t want to speak for Sonny, but I’m pretty sure the “lesson” of his sermon was that God loves the youngest son. I guess others could get something else from the sermon… if they don’t really pay attention.

Unfortunately, my friend Cory didn’t win the Bridge Run. I’m sure wearing a cloak and sword slowed him down…

Some of you have been asking if Sonny and I are following an American League team this season. My answer to you is... yes, we are. However, this year we have decided to do a little more research than we did last year. Therefore, this year we will do some research and decide who we are going to cheer for by late September/early October.


Picture Thursday



Some more Daniel birthday pictures

Daniel playing ball with Trixie

Saw this picture on the interweb... If I owned a lake house, I might invest in a couple or ten of these 

Daniel would hold the ball and count to 24 (more or less) and then throw the ball.  I can't figure out why Trixie kept taking the ball back to him...

Mary Ruth won the Math Wizard contest for 2nd graders at her school!!!!  Suck it, Sonny!

Susie at her school's Hop-A-Thon.  The sticker on her shirt is for a little boy that The Wife sees.


No comments:

Post a Comment