Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Sunday, April 13, 2014

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SALLY!!!!!

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

First Lieutenant Thomas H.L. Payne (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on April 9, 1865, at Fort Blakely, Alabama. His citation reads:

While acting regimental quartermaster, learning of an expected assault, requested assignment to a company that had no commissioned officers present; was so assigned, and was one of the first to lead his men into the enemy's works.

Corporal Platt Pearsall (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on May 22, 1863, at Vicksburg, Mississippi. His citation reads:

Gallantry in the charge of the "volunteer storming party."

Colonel Alfred L. Pearson (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on March 29, 1865, at Lewis’ Farm, Virginia. His citation reads:

Seeing a brigade forced back by the enemy, he seized his regimental color, called on his men to follow him, and advanced upon the enemy under a severe fire. The whole brigade took up the advance, the lost ground was regained, and the enemy was repulsed.


Today we’d like to wish our dear friend and Labor Day Cousin Sally a VERRY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We hope she has a GREAT day!!!!!!


The I’m just sayin… Gospel Verse of the Week
John 12:13

They took palm branches and went out to meet him, shouting,
    “Hosanna!”
    “Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!”
   “Blessed is the king of Israel!”

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness - cannot believe I was in your blog Greg! What an honor. Thank you very much. My birthday was wonderful and I am still celebrating.

    ReplyDelete