Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Tuesday, September 23, 2014

HAPPY BIRTHDAY COACH CORY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Lieutenant Charles M. Rockefeller (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on April 9, 1865, at Fort Blakely, Alabama. His citation reads:

Voluntarily and alone, under a heavy fire, obtained valuable information which a reconnoitering party of 25 men had previously attempted and failed to obtain, suffering severe loss in the attempt The information obtained by him was made the basis of the orders for the assault that followed. He also advanced with a few followers, under the fire of both sides, and captured 300 of the enemy who would otherwise have escaped.

Sergeant First Class Jose Rodela (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on September 1, 1969, in Phuoc Long Province, Vietnam. His citation reads:

Rodela is being recognized for his valorous actions on Sept. 1, 1969, while serving as the company commander in Phuoc Long Province, Vietnam. Rodela commanded his company throughout 18 hours of continuous contact when his battalion was attacked and taking heavy casualties. Throughout the battle, in spite of his wounds, Rodela repeatedly exposed himself to enemy fire to attend to the fallen and eliminate an enemy rocket position.

Captain Theophilus F. Rodenbough (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on June 11, 1864, at Trevlhan Station, Virginia. His citation reads:

Handled the regiment with great skill and valor, was severely wounded.


We at I’m just sayin… would like to wish Coach Cory a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can honestly say that Daniel is the soccer player he is today because of Coach Cory. I am sure his wife (I’m just sayin… Fan of the Year Ashley) and girls will make this a great birthday… assuming Ashley reads this in time to remember it’s his birthday today.

Many people asked me if I watched the Clemson game this past Saturday. I saw a good bit of it, but I didn’t stay up to watch the whole thing. I have a policy against staying up late just to watch a Clemson football game (or just about any sporting event, to tell the truth). This dates back 10 years to when I stayed up past midnight to watch Clemson give a game to Georgia Tech. I was so ticked and pissed off… and then the next day Cougar’s dad (who in my eyes was 10 feet tall and looked like he could crush any man he needed to… but was one of the nicest men I’ve ever known) died. To say the news was shocking would be an understatement. I didn’t say I’d start caring about sports less after that… it just happened. Oh, I’ll still slap my chair and yell dadgummit when I see the team I’m pulling for do something stupid (like, “DADGUMMIT!!! You’re 6 freakin’ inches from the endzone! Get the QB under center! Nothing good can happen if you’re in the Shotgun from this part of the field!”… This reminds me, I often have people ask me if I like always being right. In cases like this, the answer is “No”), but I’m not going to let a game ruin my night or day or week…

Speaking of that game… I trust I wasn’t the only one who got tired of ABC (or was it ESPN… I can’t remember what station the game was on) showing the suspended FSU QB. I’m not 100% up-to-date with why he wasn’t playing, but I’m pretty sure it had something to do with him acting like a dumbass. If I hadn’t known that heading into the game, I would have thought perhaps he had been hurt saving a small child from a burning building… or had perhaps just been diagnosed with cancer and, thus, had to stop playing football. Otherwise, why the hell would the guys on TV keep acting like that jackwaggon was a hero for “cheering on his teammates”? Had I been his teammate, I would have pointed out that we needed him to be the QB, not a dadgum cheerleader.

I trust both Clemson and USC will play better this week. If so… I will be happy. If not… oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment