Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Thursday, September 4, 2014

Still time to donate!!!!!!!

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Sergeant Otis O. Roberts (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on November 7, 1863, at Rappanhannock Station, Virginia. His citation reads:

Capture of flag of 8th Louisiana Infantry (C.S.A.) in a hand_to_hand struggle with the color bearer.

Private Marcus W. Robertson (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on May 16, 1899, near San Isidro, Philippine Islands. His citation reads:

With 21 other scouts charged across a burning bridge, under heavy fire, and completely routed 600 of the enemy who were entrenched in a strongly fortified position.

First Lieutenant Robert S. Robertson (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on May 8, 1864, at Corbins Bridge, Virginia. His citation reads:

While acting as aide-de-camp to a general officer, seeing a regiment break to the rear, he seized its colors, rode with them to the front in the face of the advancing enemy, and rallied the retreating regiment.


I know some of you are worried, thinking “Oh, shoot!! I forgot to donate to Greg’s 2014 Walk to End Alzheimer’s!! Dangit!!!” Well, friends, don’t worry… There’s still time! You can join my cousins Jim and Deeny and my Labor Day Aunt Janie and Uncle DG as well as my Labor Day Cousins Jane and AJ and give to this event. I will tell you like I tell you every year… The fastest way to get me to like you (or like you more than I already do) is to donate to this cause. So do yourself a favor and give. You can give here. If you don’t want to do that, you can also give over here. If that’s not your cup of tea (as the kids in England like to say) then you can give here. I would keep going, but by now you have surely noticed that all of those links are the same.


Picture Thursday


Me and Susie at the pool this past weekend

Daniel at soccer practice

Daniel sleeping for a little bit at the lake

Susie giving me a kiss in the pool

Another soccer practice pic

Susie sleeping at the lake

Me and MR at the pool

Things were still going good at practice at this point

Me wearing the shirt I ordered especially for this Labor Day Weekend (and the next two Labor Day Weekends, I guess) standing next to my Labor Day Aunt Janie (her name is at the top of the shirt)

The G3's playing in the pool

Things are still ok at this point

The back of my one of a kind shirt

Daniel and me in the pool

Here is a pic of the meltdown... Soccer practice was still going on, but Daniel would have none of it. 

Susie and Daniel in the hot tube (which is really just a little pool to them)

This is my great-grandmother on my Dad's dad's side of the family.  She is holding my grandfather's oldest sister.  None of those people are still living (except for me and Dad).  The mother in this picture is about 15-16 years old... her husband (my great-grandfather) would have been about 35 years old at that time (from what Dad tells me).  That's what we in my circle of friends call a KC/LA type situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment