Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Some pictures to share…

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Private Michael Valente (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on September 29, 1918, east of Ronssoy, France. His citation reads:

For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity above and beyond the call of duty in action with the enemy during the operations against the Hindenburg line, east of Ronssoy, France, 29 September 1918. Finding the advance of his organization held up by a withering enemy machinegun fire, Pvt. Valente volunteered to go forward. With utter disregard of his own personal danger, accompanied by another soldier, Pvt. Valente rushed forward through an intense machinegun fire directly upon the enemy nest, killing 2 and capturing 5 of the enemy and silencing the gun. Discovering another machinegun nest close by which was pouring a deadly fire on the American forces, preventing their advance, Pvt. Valente and his companion charged upon this strong point, killing the gunner and putting this machinegun out of action. Without hesitation they jumped into the enemy's trench, killed 2 and captured 16 German soldiers. Pvt. Valente was later wounded and sent to the rear.

Seaman Hudson Van Etten (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on May 11, 1898, on board the U.S.S. Nashville. His citation reads:

On board the U.S.S. Nashville during the operation of cutting the cable leading from Cienfuegos, Cuba, 11 May 1898. Facing the heavy fire of the enemy, Van Etten displayed extraordinary bravery and coolness throughout this period.

Sergeant Ludovicus M. M. Van Iersel (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions at Mouzon, France. His citation reads:

While a member of the reconnaissance patrol, sent out at night to ascertain the condition of a damaged bridge, Sgt. Van Iersel volunteered to lead a party across the bridge in the face of heavy machinegun and rifle fire from a range of only 75 yards. Crawling alone along the debris of the ruined bridge he came upon a trap, which gave away and precipitated him into the water. In spite of the swift current he succeeded in swimming across the stream and found a lodging place among the timbers on the opposite bank. Disregarding the enemy fire, he made a careful investigation of the hostile position by which the bridge was defended and then returned to the other bank of the river, reporting this valuable information to the battalion commander.


I believe I’ve shared this story before, but it’s worth sharing again…

Daniel: “I love you Mommy!”

Me: “Daniel, do you love me?”

Daniel: “Yep! I love you and Mommy!”

Me: “Right… but can you just say that you love me?”

Daniel: “But I love you and Mommy.”

The Wife: “Daniel, do you love me?”

Daniel: “Yep! I love you!”

The Wife (trying not to laugh): “Tell Daddy you love him.”

Daniel: “I love you Daddy!........................................................and I love Mommy!”


Are you ready for Christmas? I’m pretty sure I am. I can’t wait to see what Santa brings me! I’ve been a great boy this year (which is pretty much normal for me). This reminds me of something I’ve been wanting to talk about on here….

The other day I was walking out of a store and one of the employee’s there wished me a Merry Christmas to which I replied (with a smile) “Thank you. Merry Christmas to you, too.” I then entered another store to do some shopping and as I left that store an employee told me to “Have a nice day” to which I replied, “Go to hell you sinning Jesus-hater! This is the Christmas season and I won’t let you take Christ out of Christmas!!!!!!!!!” Of course I didn’t say that… I replied (again with a smile) “Thank you”. Here’s the thing… If you want to wish people a Merry Christmas, wish them a Merry Christmas. If you don’t want to do it, don’t do it. It’s ok. If someone doesn’t wish you a Merry Christmas, it doesn’t mean they hate you and/or your religion. So get off of their back, because chances are they are working a ton of hours this time of year for not much money.

Me and Ethan taking a nap... Well, he was taking a nap.  Then I started to take a nap, but opened my eyes to see a wide-eyed Ethan staring at me (most likely asking me not to fall asleep on him).

Mary Ruth before her first basketball game

Scoring a basket

Shooting around before the second half

A post-game hug from Daniel

They lost that game, but won the game this past Saturday

Crazy Daniel

Daniel, Susie and Mary Ruth after the girls walked in the Summerville Christmas Parade

A drawing I did (on my phone) of Daniel during the parade

Crazy Susie

Crazy Maverick

No comments:

Post a Comment