Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Happy Birthday Terry!!!!

In my family, this time of year is known as birthday season. It starts in early December with my brother-in-law Brent’s birthday and ends on January 24th with my Mom’s birthday. In between the following people have birthdays: My Dad, Mary Ruth, my 2nd cousin Avery, my Uncle George, my sister-in-law Terry (more on her later), me, and my niece Meredith (I think I got everyone). Which reminds me… I would not be me if I did not pause here to wish my favorite sister-in-law a

HAPPY 40th BIRTHDAY! 40 years old. Forty. 4 decades. XL. 40. The Big 4-0. Goodbye 30s... Hello 40s. WOW!!!!!!!!!!

Of course, I also have to take a second to point out that her husband (my brother) is still only in his 30s. Hey... does this make her a “cougar”? Hmm....

So what was going on in the world 40 years ago you ask? Here are just a few things I found on Wikipedia...

The first episode of All My Children was broadcast on ABC.

The Kansas City Chiefs beat the Minnesota Vikings 23-7 in Super Bowl IV

Diana Ross & The Supremes perform their farewell concert at the Frontier Hotel in Las Vegas

Black Sabbath’s debut album Black Sabbath is released.

The Who: Live at Leeds is recorded

The complete New English Bible is published

President Richard Nixon signed the Public Health Cigarette Smoking Act into law, banning cigarette TV ads in the US starting on January 1, 1971

American Motors Corporation introduced the Gremlin

Paul McCartney announced that the Beatles have disbanded

Apollo 13 is launched (with Tom Hanks, the guy from Footloose, and someone else were on it)

Kent State shootings happen

The last Beatles album (Let It Be) is released

1970 FIFA World Cub is inaugurated in Mexico

President Nixon signed a measure lowering the voting age to 18

The US gets its first female generals

Three Rivers Stadium in Pittsburgh opened

Jimi Hendrix died

Janis Joplin died

Before I go, it’s also worth noting that today is Robert E. Lee’s birthday. If you don’t know who that is, go back to where you came from.

No comments:

Post a Comment