Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year!!!!! (Part II)

The fun thing about starting a new decade is looking back on the old decade. So let's do that now...

At midnight on January 1, 2000 I was at my parents house on JI with The Girlfriend (and my parents). I know what you're thinking... "Greg, you were at your parents house with your girlfriend and parents for New Years? You party animal". Here's the thing, I was still recovering from 2nd ear surgery (if I can find them, I will post pictures). I was still in school (at Winthrop) and working for Rack Room Shoes in Pineville, NC. At the time, my childhood dog (Dach) was still alive (as were both of my grandmothers). I was living with Jeremy and 2 other guys in a house that I was pretty sure was going to fall down at any moment (as far as I know, it's still up). And at that time, I only had two nieces.

Since then (in no real order)...
Gained two more nieces and one nephew. Had the meaning of 9/11 change forever. Graduated from Winthrop and swore I'd never go back to school. Got married. Lost Tommy (my sister-in-law's dad), Dach, and Granny. Had the meaning of 63-17 change forever (sorry Danny). Welcomed two of the best little girls (Mary Ruth and Susie) into my life. Saw Clemson beat FSU... a few times. Made new friends. Watched Winthrop win the Big South Championship in men's basketball... 7 times. Watched Winthrop beat Notre Dame in the first round of the NCAA Tournament. Went back to school (CSU) for my MBA. Bought a house. Got two great dogs and one very, very bad dog. Met the first dog ever to not like me (dog belongs to The Mother-In-Law... enough said). Saw the most exciting football player ever (Thank you CJ). Caught up with high school friends (thank you Facebook). Charleston 9. Watched Navy beat Notre Dame... twice. Watched Navy beat Army... over and over and over and over... and over and over and over and over (sorry Kevin). Saw Pluto go from being a planet to being a dwarf planet (whatever that means). Saw the Steelers win The Super Bowl... twice. Watched my Dad and my uncle fight cancer (and win). Discovered barnesandnoble.com and fell in love. If my body were a stock, investors would be thrilled with my growth from 1/1/2000 to 1/1/2010. But my body isn't a stock... and doctors aren't real thrilled with my growth over the past decade. Fought a mystery illness multiple times (still don't know what it is or why it shows up). Got glasses. I'm sure there's a lot more, but I'll leave it at that for right now....

Chase Towne Update (from his dad): Happy New Year! It has been a very busy 48hrs. Yesterday (thursday) Chase's scans went well. He was sedated but they did not have to intibate (tube in throat) so this made the whole scan and recovery a lot smoother. Then today Chase got a hole in his broviac tube in his chest. Not sure how it happened, probably just wore out. It was just a pin hole but he was bleeding out of it and it feeds a main line straight to his heart. So we loaded him up and headed to the ER. After 4hrs in the ER they repaired the line and sent us home. Olivia and Chase both handled the past very hectic week well. Hopefully we can stay home for the weekend. We did not get any results back yet, but have an appointment on Monday with the doctors. Hope you and your families have a healthy and prosperous New Year. Thank you for the continued thoughts and prayers.

Cleveland Cavs Update: The Cavs lost to Charlotte tonight (88-91). They play again on January 6th.

Winthrop Eagles Update: The Eagles lost to Coastal Carolina yesterday (47-57). The Eagles play CSU in the Buc Dome tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment