Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Monday, February 7, 2011

Super Monday

It seems some of you were not thrilled to see a picture of a tube coming out of the back of my ear. Well, guess what? I wasn’t thrilled to HAVE a tube coming out of the back of my ear. So I guess we’re even.

I’ve still got very low hearing in my right ear. By very low, I mean pretty much not any. I can hear sounds but can’t really make out words unless you’re talking loud enough for the people next door to hear you.

Hey, last night was the Super Bowl, so let’s talk about the commercials.

The I’m just sayin… Top 10 Super Bowl Commercials

10. Chrysler


9. Pepsi MAX – Love Hurts


8.Bridgestone – Reply All


7. Cars.com


6. Pepsi MAX – First Date


5. NFL Best Fans Ever


4. Bridgestone - Carma


3. House

2. CareerBuilder


1. Volkswagen


Some of the beer commercials were good, too…

THE I’m just sayin… SUPER BOWL XLV PREDICTION Result

Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Green Bay Packers – I picked the Steelers and… well… that didn’t work out so well. But, it was a good game. It would have been better if the Steelers hadn’t turned the ball over 3 times, but that’s life. It would have been real nice if Big Ben hadn’t thrown two interceptions (one returned for a TD), but it’s hard for me to be mad at him (since he’s already won 2 Super Bowls… let that be a lesson to you Neil Freakin’ O’Donnell). So anyway, congrats to the Green Bay Packers and so on and so forth. I’m not going to point any fingers or anything like that, but I’m pretty sure I made it very clear to The Wife that we were to have NO cheese in our house during the game… so she had Jeremy and Rebecca bring over two pizzas. “Oh Greg, you’re so stupid. Us eating cheese during the game won’t cause the Steelers to lose,” she said to me while rolling her eyes. That’s funny… because when the game ended I’m pretty sure I SAW THE STEELERS WITH FEWER POINTS THAN THE PACKERS! But I’m not here to place blame, though if Hines Ward shows up at my house wanting to know if we had cheese in my house during the game... well, by God I’m not going to lie to him. Whatever… you know what? I don’t even want to talk about it right now…

Winthrop Update: The Eagles next game is Thursday against CSU.

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Corporal Milton Blickensderfer (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on April 3, 1865 at Petersburg, Virginia. His citation reads:

Capture of flag.

Captain George N. Bliss (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on September 28, 1864 at Waynesboro, Virginia. His citation reads:

While in command of the provost guard in the village, he saw the Union lines returning before the attack of a greatly superior force of the enemy, mustered his guard, and, without orders, joined in the defense and charged the enemy without support. He received three saber wounds, his horse was shot, and he was taken prisoner.

Colonel Zenas R. Bliss (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions during the Civil War. His citation reads:

This officer, to encourage his regimen; which had never before been in action, and which had been ordered to lie down to protect itself from the enemy's fire, arose to his feet, advanced in front of the line, and himself fired several shots at the enemy at short range, being fully exposed to their fire at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment