Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Thursday, September 22, 2011

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!! No, The Wife isn’t pregnant…

Watch out... Our Life is catching up to I'm just sayin...

I promised you this season of I’m just sayin… would bring you more big news and here it is (the first I'm just sayin... exclusive of the season). No, The Wife isn’t pregnant… However, we have received confirmation that my friends over at Our Life are expecting another baby (their third). When reached at his soon-to-be-not-as-spacious-as-it-once-was downtown Summerville estate, patriarch of the family KC was quoted as saying, “We’re just trying to keep up with the Horreseses”. Once again the power of a Hootie and the Blowfish concert should be pointed out. This is baby #2 for Babypoloza 2011. As you know, The Wife and I hold the “You Do Know Where Babies Come From, Don’t You?” Title (which we took from KC and LA) due to Susie and Daniel being so close in age. As this is now the third baby in under four years for our friends at Our Life, I think we will create the, “Try Going To A Movie Every Now and Then” Title for them to hold. I will go ahead and predict Baby #4 for Our Life will join us in mid to late 2013.

I, of course, have known this news for a long time now but was asked not to say anything. Unlike some of my colleagues in the news industry, I know how to keep a secret. So I am happy to say that when I was asked by someone if LA is pregnant, I evaded the question in such a way that would make even the most seasoned politician proud.

This reminds me, thank you to my friends at Courtyard and Word for meeting me for lunch on Wednesday. I had been told that my friends Danny and KC would also be there… but they did not make it. KC had a legit excuse… the phone system at his office went down. Where I work, that would mean everyone can go home… but when your business is all about communication… having a working phone system is the first step in making a good impression to your customers. So I wasn’t happy, but I understood. As for Danny… oh Danny… I can only guess that Danny either walked to work on Wednesday or he just didn’t know how to get to where we were eating. Sure, he’s been there before… but I’m trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Before I forget (pun intended), I want to thank my friends at Courtyard for their donation to my memory walk. Sure, she donated out of fear… but I’m ok with that. You, too, can join me in my fight against Alzheimer’s. I would like to raise $1,000 without having to send out any emails, so hurry up and give. If you wait to donate until I email you, I must ask that you give double. It’s only fair. Give here.  Thanks to Jane and KC for not only giving but also helping me get the word out to others.

I am happy because the new season of NCIS started this past Tuesday. It started with a great episode and I can’t wait for next week’s show.


The I’m just sayin... Football Predictions

High School
James Island vs. Ashley Ridge – I’m picking JI in this game.

Summerville vs. Stratford – With this game being at Summerville, I’m going with the Green Wave.

Dorman at Riverside – Maybe Dorman has things figured out... This will probably come back to bite me, but I’m going with Dorman in this game.

College
#12USC vs. Vanderbilt – 7:00pm (ESPN2) – I’m a little worried about this game, but I’m going to go with the Revolutionary War Heroes in this game.

#21Clemson vs. #11FSU – 3:30pm (ESPN) – FSU got beat up pretty bad last week in a close loss… so I’m going to pick the Tigers in this game.

CSU vs. Norfolk State – 1:30pm – I’m going to pick CSU to win this game.

Wyoming vs. Nebraska – 5:30pm MT (Versus HD) – Sorry Cowboys… I’ve got to go with Nebraska in this game.

Appalachian State vs. Chattanooga – 3:30pm – I think this will be a close game… I pick Appalachian State to win.

NFL
Pittsburgh at Indianapolis - 8:20pm (NBC) – I pick the Steelers to win this game.

Miami at Cleveland – 1:00pm (CBS) – I hate to pick Cleveland… but Miami hasn’t come through for me yet… so I’m picking Cleveland to win this game.

I’m just sayin… Football Prediction Record

High School: 17-0

College: 16-1

NFL: 1-3

Overall: 34-4

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Private Thomas Carroll (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions from August to October 1868 in Arizona. His citation reads:

Bravery in scouts and actions against Indians.

Corporal Anthony J. Carson (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on April 15-19, 1900 at Catubig, Samar, Philippine Islands. His citation reads:

Assumed command of a detachment of the company which had survived an overwhelming attack of the enemy, and by his bravery and untiring efforts and the exercise of extraordinary good judgment in the handling of his men successfully withstood for 2 days the attacks of a large force of the enemy, thereby saving the lives of the survivors and protecting the wounded until relief came.

Musician William J. Carson (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on September 19, 1863 at Chickamauga, Georgia. His citation reads:

At a critical stage in the battle when the 14th Corps lines were wavering and in disorder he on his own initiative bugled "to the colors" amid the 18th U.S. Infantry who formed by him, and held the enemy. Within a few minutes he repeated his action amid the wavering 2d Ohio Infantry. This bugling deceived the enemy who believed reinforcements had arrived. Thus, they delayed their attack.

No comments:

Post a Comment