Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Sunday, September 18, 2011

HAPPY 2nd ANNIVERSARY I’m just sayin…!!!!!!!

We at I’m just sayin… would like to wish all of our readers a very Happy 2nd Anniversary! We have had another great year and we look forward to having an even better 3rd year. Before we get to our Anniversary stuff, we’d like to remind you that if you ain’t givin’, you ain’t livin. At least that’s what they say. Ok, they don’t say that (and if they start saying it, they better give me credit). But really, it seems I only said “please” enough times in my last post to get my Aunt Yvonne to donate. I would think with both of the big college football teams 3-0, some of you would like to keep all the good “mojo” you have… and one way to keep that mojo would be to donate to a great cause. So be a good sport and click on the link on the right or on any of the words I just typed.

Over this past year we covered a good many topics. I would say most, if not all, of them involved me in some way. Hey, it’s my blog… get off my back. We’ve managed to hang on to our Medal of Honor segment, making it the longest running segment on any blog that I read. Now let’s look at some stats for the blog.

First Post Ever

1st Post – September 17, 2009
Patrick Swayze, President Obama, & the media

First Post of the Past Season

September 23, 2010
And the winner will be….

Total Number of Posts

315

Total Post of the Past Season

139

Longest Streak

52

Longest Streak of the Past Season

31

Most Read Posts (Top 5) – All-Time

1. Baby Names, USC/Clemson (100)

2. Songs 206 - 172 (80)

3. The I’m just sayin… All-Time Clemson Football Team (75)

4. HAPPY Birthday Casey!!! (70)

5. Happy Birthday Mom!!!!!!! RIP Mr. Williams (69)

These are also the Top 5 for our past season.

Top 3 Referrers

Google

Courtyard

Our Life

Top Keywords

blogspot greg horres
clemson baby names

Top 10 Pageviews By Country
Again, I can only assume some of you have been traveling more than you have told me...

United States (6,777) – up from 1,239 last season.

Russia (530) – up from 5 last season… I guess my cousin Scott called some people over there to get the word out about I’m just sayin…. Russia had the biggest jump in the poll from 9th place to 2nd place.

Denmark (516) – up from 31 last season. Good job Denmark! Keep visiting!

United Kingdom (221) – up from 11. I’m sure this was the Royal Family reading to see if I would talk about The Wedding.

Canada (179) – up from 36. Good job, eh!

Germany (134) – Germany didn’t even make the list last season.

Slovenia (115) – Slovenia also making their first visit to the Top 10.

Singapore (63) – Another new member of the Top 10.

Netherlands (42) – up from 5 last season.

China (34) – up from 12 last season.

I’m still trying to break-in to South America, Africa, and Australia! I think I could be a pretty big deal in those places. I also don’t seem to have any readers in France… which is probably a good thing.

Top 5 Pageviews By Browsers

Internet Explorer (4,936 - 50%)

FireFox (2,460 - 25%)

Opera (1,029 - 10%)

Safari (915 - 9%)

Chrome (200 - 2%)

Top 5 Operating System

Windows (7,407 - 82%)

Macintosh (546 - 6%)

iPad (294 – 3%)

Blackberry (246 - 2%)

iPhone (172 – 1%)

My Top 5 Favorite Segments (All-Time)

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients

The I’m just sayin… Top 1,081 Songs of All Time

Baby #3 Name Tournament

Chase Towne Update

The I’m just sayin… Football Predictions

Top 5 Nicknames on I’m just sayin…

The Wife - My wife

Sonny - My big brother

Revolutionary War Heroes - University of South Carolina Gamecocks

No-Name Teri - My big sister… the former Doubting Teri

Piglet and Bacon - My son and Godson


My Top 10 Favorite Posts (All-Time)

An open letter to Trident Medical Center

BREAKING NEWS!!!! A Message from The Wife

Hate what is evil...

Talkin Baseball

My Funeral....Let’s set a record!

The Empire…err…Hospital Strikes Back

Reactions....

Story Time

Congrats Susan!

Labor Day Recap

My Top 10 Favorite Posts (This Past Season)

Labor Day Recap

Congrats Susan!

Talkin’ Baseball

Update From Weekend

A New Blog You Should See…

Take it Back!

We’ve made it to the end! Last 33 songs…

He counted on America to be passive

The Empire… err… Hospital Strikes Back

Haven’t we been here before


My Top 10 Favorite Non-I’m just sayin... Posts (All-Time)

You Heard It Hear First – Boom Goes The Dynomite - Our Life

Time Machine - Our Life

Friends, Boundaries and Other Thoughts - Courtyard

Shout Out - Our Life

Seizing Opportunities - Skipping Stones

Top 10 Menue Items: Chick-fil-A - A Blog About Chicken

I Need a Place to Hide - Courtyard

Rejection - Courtyard

Where have you been? - Our Life

5 Year Anniversary - Our Life

Babypoloza 2011 - Our Life

Guys, We Need You - Courtyard


One new thing we’re going to do this season is have a countdown of the top movies of all time. I probably won’t get to this until sometime in early 2012. Look for March to be “Movie March” on I’m just sayin…. If you have ideas for movies that you’d like to see on the list, feel free to email them to me. The more you donate to the memory walk, the better chance your favorite movie will end up on the list. :) I might be kidding about that… or I might not. Even I’m not sure right now. So email me your movie ideas. If you don’t have my email address, ask a friend for it. If your friend doesn’t know it… then I guess you won’t be able to email me, so just leave the idea in a comment.

Check back Tuesday or Wednesday to see my recap from the weekend…

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Sergeant Chris Carr (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on October 1-2, 1944 near Guignola, Italy. His citation reads:

Leading a squad of Company L, he gallantly cleared the way for his company's approach along a ridge toward its objective, the Casoni di Remagna. When his platoon was pinned down by heavy fire from enemy mortars, machineguns, machine pistols, and rifles, he climbed in advance of his squad on a maneuver around the left flank to locate and eliminate the enemy gun positions. Undeterred by deadly fire that ricocheted off the barren rocky hillside, he crept to the rear of the first machinegun and charged, firing his submachinegun. In this surprise attack he captured 8 prisoners and turned them over to his squad before striking out alone for a second machinegun. Discovered in his advance and subjected to direct fire from the hostile weapon, he leaped to his feet and ran forward, weaving and crouching, pouring automatic fire into the emplacement that killed 4 of its defenders and forced the surrender of a lone survivor. He again moved forward through heavy fire to attack a third machinegun. When close to the emplacement, he closed with a nerve-shattering shout and burst of fire. Paralyzed by his whirlwind attack, all 4 gunners immediately surrendered. Once more advancing aggressively in the face of a thoroughly alerted enemy, he approached a point of high ground occupied by 2 machineguns which were firing on his company on the slope below. Charging the first of these weapons, he killed 4 of the crew and captured 3 more. The 6 defenders of the adjacent position, cowed by the savagery of his assault, immediately gave up. By his l-man attack, heroically and voluntarily undertaken in the face of tremendous risks, Sgt. Karaberis captured 5 enemy machinegun positions, killed 8 Germans, took 22 prisoners, cleared the ridge leading to his company's objective, and drove a deep wedge into the enemy line, making it possible for his battalion to occupy important, commanding ground.

Colonel Eugene A. Carr (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on March 7, 1862 at Pea Ridge, Arkansas. His citation reads:

Directed the deployment of his command and held his ground, under a brisk fire of shot and shell in which he was several times wounded.

Corporal Franklin Carr (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on December 16, 1864 at Nashville, Tennessee. His citation reads:

Recapture of U.S. guidon from a rebel battery.

No comments:

Post a Comment