Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Thursday, September 29, 2011

Donate to my Memory Walk and Feel Better About Yourself

I want to start today by thanking my AWESOME friend Ashley for donating to my Memory Walk. It is nice seeing someone at my bank (name: CresCom Bank; motto: Sorry ‘bout the name) supporting me in my goal. You, too, can join me in my fight against Alzheimer’s. Time is running out… but there’s still time for you to give. Thanks again to Ashley for her donation. Studies have shown that if you donate to my Memory Walk, you will feel better about yourself. At the very least, I’ll feel better about you… and that’s what really matters.

Did you see the ESPN 30 for 30 on the Cubs fan who tried to catch a foul ball during a playoff game in 2003 and ended up being blamed by many Cubs fans for “costing” the Cubs the game? Sorry, I don’t want to use his name on here because I don’t think we should have ever learned it in the first place. Honestly, I don’t think people would have made a big deal about it if Mr. Piss Hands Alou (what’s with the name, you ask? Moises Alou once said that he pees on his hands because it toughens his hands so they wouldn’t blister. Funny… I just wore batting gloves) hadn’t pitched a fit when it happened. People would have also forgotten it if their freaking shortstop Alex S. Gonzalez hadn’t screwed up an easy ground ball which would have been an easy double play. Or if the Cubs had won the next game. I’m a Cubs fan. I’ve been one for as long as I can remember. I thought 2003 could/would be the year for the Cubs. It wasn’t… but I don’t blame some fan for that. I never have and I never will. If I was going to blame anyone, I’d blame Sammy F’ing Sosa… but that might just be because I never liked him.

So… look at the below picture and tell the truth. Does Piglet have a drinking problem?


Come on Dad... just one more.  I'm fine... really.


I think I’ve found my dream vehicle… see below.


Take a look at my next vehicle...


The I’m just sayin... Football Predictions

High School
James Island vs. Beaufort – I’m picking JI in this game.

Summerville at West Ashley – I’m picking Summerville.

Ashley Ridge vs. Wando – I think Ashley Ridge will pull off the upset. I’m pretty sure it will be an upset.

Dorman vs. Hillcrest – I think Dorman will win this one.

College
#10USC vs. Auburn – 3:30pm (CBS) – If you listened to some USC fans after Clemson beat Auburn, you’d think Auburn was in the Big South. I think Auburn is better than that… but as long as Lattimore and Ingram are on the field, I think the Revolutionary War Heroes will win this game.

#13Clemson at #11Virginia Tech – 6:00pm (ESPN2) – I know it’s a road game and I know it’s at Virginia Tech, but I just can’t pick against Sammy Watkins right now. I don’t know how, but I’m picking Clemson to win this one.

Navy vs. Air Force – 12:00pm (CBS) – I pick Navy to win.

CSU vs. Wesley College – 1:30pm – I’m going to pick CSU to win this game (probably for the last time this season).

Wyoming at Utah State – 6:00pm MT – This will be a tough game on the road for the Cowboys. I think Utah State will win this in a close game.

Appalachian State at Wofford – 3:00pm – I pick Wofford to win this game.

NFL
Pittsburgh at Houston - 1:00pm (CBS) – I pick the Steelers to win this game.

Miami at San Diego – 4:15pm (CBS) – I pick San Diego to win this game.

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Sergeant Edward A. Carter, Jr. (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on March 23, 1945 near Speyer, Germany. His citation reads:

For extraordinary heroism in action on 23 March 1945, near Speyer, Germany. When the tank on which he was riding received heavy bazooka and small arms fire, Sergeant Carter voluntarily attempted to lead a three-man group across an open field. Within a short time, two of his men were killed and the third seriously wounded. Continuing on alone, he was wounded five times and finally forced to take cover. As eight enemy riflemen attempted to capture him, Sergeant Carter killed six of them and captured the remaining two. He then crossed the field using as a shield his two prisoners from which he obtained valuable information concerning the disposition of enemy troops. Staff Sergeant Carter's extraordinary heroism was an inspiration to the officers and men of the Seventh Army Infantry Company Number 1 (Provisional) and exemplify the highest traditions of the Armed Forces.

Private George Carter (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions from August to October 1868 in Arizona. His citation reads:

Bravery in scouts and actions against Indians.

Second Lieutenant John J. Carter (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on September 17, 1862 at Antietam, Maryland. His citation reads:

While in command of a detached company, seeing his regiment thrown into confusion by a charge of the enemy, without orders made a countercharge upon the attacking column and checked the assault. Penetrated within the enemy's lines at night and obtained valuable information.

No comments:

Post a Comment