Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Tuesday, June 19, 2012

About the Weekend

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

First Lieutenant Ernest A. Garlington (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on December 29, 1890, at Wounded Knee Creek, South Dakota. His citation reads:

Distinguished gallantry.

Private Harold A. Garman (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on August 25, 1944, near Montereau, France. His citation reads:

For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty. On 25 August 1944, in the vicinity of Montereau, France, the enemy was sharply contesting any enlargement of the bridgehead which our forces had established on the northern bank of the Seine River in this sector. Casualties were being evacuated to the southern shore in assault boats paddled by litter bearers from a medical battalion. Pvt. Garman, also a litter bearer in this battalion, was working on the friendly shore carrying the wounded from the boats to waiting ambulances. As 1 boatload of wounded reached midstream, a German machinegun suddenly opened fire upon it from a commanding position on the northern bank 100 yards away. All of the men in the boat immediately took to the water except 1 man who was so badly wounded he could not rise from his litter. Two other patients who were unable to swim because of their wounds clung to the sides of the boat. Seeing the extreme danger of these patients, Pvt. Garman without a moment's hesitation plunged into the Seine. Swimming directly into a hail of machinegun bullets, he rapidly reached the assault boat and then while still under accurately aimed fire towed the boat with great effort to the southern shore. This soldier's moving heroism not only saved the lives of the three patients but so inspired his comrades that additional assault boats were immediately procured and the evacuation of the wounded resumed. Pvt. Garman's great courage and his heroic devotion to the highest tenets of the Medical Corps may be written with great pride in the annals of the corps.

Sergeant William Garrett (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on December 16, 1864, at Nashville, Tennessee. His citation reads:

With several companions dashed forward, the first to enter the enemy's works, taking possession of 4 pieces of artillery and captured the flag of the 13th Mississippi Infantry (C.S.A.).


I can't remember if I already told you or not, but The Wife left me for a "Girls Weekend" the weekend before last.  While she was gone, Mary Ruth and Susie asked if they could sleep in my bed with me.  I told them if they were good, I'd let them.  Well, they ended up being pretty good (not great, but better than I expected).  So I let them sleep in the bed with me.  It was me, Susie in the middle, and Mary Ruth on the other side.  We ended up sleeping like this...

I-\

I was on the edge of the bed, Susie had her feet on me and her head by Mary Ruth and MR had her feet down by my feet.  I'm pretty shocked that I was able to get any sleep.

This past weekend, we told the girls that they could camp out on the floor of our room.  I think one of the pictures below is of them camping on the floor.

We learned this weekend that Susie is unable to keep a secret.  She couldn't wait to show me the Father's Day gifts they made for me... and she couldn't wait to tell me about the cupcakes they were making for me.  It made Mary Ruth so mad... but it was pretty funny to me.


Picture Tuesday

Daniel texting his friends in Russia

Now he's checking out his E*Trade App...

It seems it was taking too long for us to get our food...

Hello, Comrade!  Did you get the text I just sent you?

We went to a pool party on Saturday... This was the Horres pool.

Daniel trying to tame a dolphin.

The cupcakes Mary Ruth made me that Susie told me about.  They say, "We (heart) Our Daddy".

Daniel doing a little fashion walk at Nana and Da's house.

Daniel saying cheese while on the statue of Dach.

I tried to take a picture of the kids with Da... but Mary Ruth is the only one who would stay still long enough for me to take the pic.

My gift from Daniel

My gift from Mary Ruth....

My gift from Susie


Daniel and Susie looking at The Wife's iPad

Susie and Mary Ruth camping out in our room

Susie playing dress up





This picture is a few weeks old... but I think it's funny, so I'm going to put it here.  Daniel's "Cheese" face cracks me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment