Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Thursday, July 19, 2012

Family...

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Private Thomas J. Graves (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on July 1, 1898, at El Caney, Cuba. His citation reads:

Gallantly assisted in the rescue of the wounded from in front of the lines and under heavy fire from the enemy.

Private John Gray (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on June 9, 1862, at Port Republic, Virginia. His citation reads:

Mounted an artillery horse of the enemy and captured a brass 6-pound piece in the face of the enemy's fire and brought it to the rear.

Sergeant Robert A. Gray (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on May 16, 1864, at Drurys Bluff, Virginia. His citation reads:

While retreating with his regiment, which had been repulsed, he voluntarily returned, in face of the enemy's fire, to a former position and rescued a wounded officer of his company who was unable to walk.


Good news… It looks like the family is getting over the ear infections. I’m pretty sure Daniel and Susie are over theirs… and The Wife is getting there.

We can’t wait to visit Teresa Lynn’s Columbia estate this Saturday for a little fun in the sun. The girls have been asking all week “Is today the day we go to Aunt Teri’s house?”

We… and by “we” I mean me, Jeremy and Danny (yes, That Danny) had a fun time playing Team Trivia at the Flyin’ Hawaiian this past Monday (hosted by my cousin Alan). We came in 2nd place… we had the lead heading into the last question but didn’t get it right. It wasn’t a huge deal because we were already eating/drinking for free (due to our $50 gift card from the last time we played and won). I’m thinking we should get a couple more people (like the 2011 I’m just sayin… Fan of the Year Ashley) together and dominate Team Trivia like we did a few years ago at whatever place it was we used to play at.

With Sonny’Side up and running, I think me and Sonny are like the Ripkens of the blogging world. I won’t say which one of us is Cal (the Hall of Famer of the duo), but I will say I sure as hell ain’t Billy.


Thankful Thursday

I think when you grow up you just assume everyone else has a life like you. You figure every other family is like yours. At least, that’s how I was. More and more, though, I’m finding out other people don’t have a family like mine. Heck, there have been times over the past few years when I think it might be rare for someone to really like their family. Sonny and Teresa Lynn’s fighting notwithstanding, I think I can say that our family not only loves each other but also… dare I say… enjoys being around one another. Not only that, but we also get along with all of our aunts, uncles and cousins (as far as I can tell).  I know that you would like to give me all of the credit for this, but in all honesty I feel I can only take the majority of the credit.

Fact is, I probably have better friends because of my family. I was no Psychology Major, but I did take PSYCH 101 and I’m pretty sure the fact that I have such a great family keeps me from feeling like I NEED friends to fill some kind of void. Then again, that could just all be a bunch of crap (but really, isn’t that what psychology is?). My point is, I’ve never been one of these people who HAS to be friends with everyone. I think a lot of that is because I already have friends within my family. I’m sure a lot of it also has to do with what The Wife calls my Social Anxiety (which I think is crap… I don’t have Social Anxiety, I just don’t like hanging out with a lot of people… especially people I don’t know).

I tell you all of this to say that I am thankful for the family God gave me.

No comments:

Post a Comment