Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Daniel sleeping...

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Private First Class William A. McWhorter (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on December 5, 1944, at Leyte, Philippine Islands. His citation reads:

He displayed gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty while engaged in operations against the enemy. Pfc. McWhorter, a machine gunner, was emplaced in a defensive position with 1 assistant when the enemy launched a heavy attack. Manning the gun and opening fire, he killed several members of an advancing demolition squad, when 1 of the enemy succeeded in throwing a fused demolition charge in the entrenchment. Without hesitation and with complete disregard for his own safety, Pfc. McWhorter picked up the improvised grenade and deliberately held it close to his body, bending over and turning away from his companion. The charge exploded, killing him instantly, but leaving his assistant unharmed. Pfc. McWhorter's outstanding heroism and supreme sacrifice in shielding a comrade reflect the highest traditions of the military service.

Landsman George W. McWilliams (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions from December 24, 1864 to February 22, 1865, on board the U.S.S. Pontoosuc. His citation reads:

Served on board the U.S.S. Pontoosuc during the capture of Fort Fisher and Wilmington, 24 December 1864, to 22 February 1865. Carrying out his duties faithfully throughout this period, McWilliams was so severely wounded in the assault upon Fort Fisher that he was sent to the hospital at Portsmouth, Va. McWilliams was recommended for his gallantry, skill and coolness in action while under the fire of the enemy.

Farrier George E. Meach (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on September 19, 1864, at Winchester, Virginia. His citation reads:

Capture of flag.


We're days away from the Hootie concert!  I can't wait!  The Wife and I have been going to this concert for many years and have loved every year.  A few years back, we made a fun thing even... funner (or more fun for you English talkin' people), by getting with our friends over at Our Life and inviting some other friends to make this the must see concert of the year.

Speaking of Hootie and The Blowfish... Here's a picture of my cousin Alan interviewing my good friend (my words, not his) Darius for a home movie Alan is making (just kidding... Al works for a local news station).  Anyway, I hope Alan didn't make Darius talk too much because I want his voice to be healthy this Saturday. 

We're going to take a look today to see how Daniel does NOT sleep in his bed...


Picture Tuesday

Daniel sleeping on the sofa
Daniel sleeping on the floor by his door
Camping out in the den with his sisters (or, as he would say, his brother and sister)
His favorite place to sleep is on the floor by his door

No comments:

Post a Comment