Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Friday, October 11, 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANE!!!!!!!!!

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Ordinary Seaman Hugh Molloy (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on March 2, 1864, on board the U.S.S. Fort Hindman. His citation reads:

Served on board the U.S.S. Fort Hindman during the engagement near Harrisonburg, La., 2 March 1864. Following a shellburst which mortally wounded the first sponger, who dropped the sponge out of the forecastle port, Molloy jumped out of the port to the forecastle, recovered the sponge and sponged and loaded the gun for the remainder of the action from his exposed position, despite the extreme danger to his person from the raking fire of enemy musketry.

Staff Sergeant Frankie Zoly Molnar (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on May 20, 1967, at Kontum Province, Republic of Vietnam. His citation reads:

For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity in action at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty. S/Sgt. Molnar distinguished himself while serving as a squad leader with Company B, during combat operations. Shortly after the battalion's defensive perimeter was established, it was hit by intense mortar fire as the prelude to a massive enemy night attack. S/Sgt. Molnar immediately left his sheltered location to insure the readiness of his squad to meet the attack. As he crawled through the position, he discovered a group of enemy soldiers closing in on his squad area. His accurate rifle fire killed 5 of the enemy and forced the remainder to flee. When the mortar fire stopped, the enemy attacked in a human wave supported by grenades, rockets, automatic weapons, and small-arms fire. After assisting to repel the first enemy assault, S/Sgt. Molnar found that his squad's ammunition and grenade supply was nearly expended. Again leaving the relative safety of his position, he crawled through intense enemy fire to secure additional ammunition and distribute it to his squad. He rejoined his men to beat back the renewed enemy onslaught, and he moved about his area providing medical aid and assisting in the evacuation of the wounded. With the help of several men, he was preparing to move a severely wounded soldier when an enemy hand grenade was thrown into the group. The first to see the grenade, S/Sgt. Molnar threw himself on it and absorbed the deadly blast to save his comrades. His demonstrated selflessness and inspirational leadership on the battlefield were a major factor in the successful defense of the American position and are in keeping with the finest traditions of the U.S. Army. S/Sgt. Molnar's actions reflect great credit upon himself, his unit, and the U.S. Army.

Corporal Patrick Monaghan (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on June 17, 1864, at Petersburg, Virginia. His citation reads:

Recapture of colors of 7th New York Heavy Artillery.


Today I’d like to wish my Labor Day Cousin Jane a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!! We hope she has a GREAT day! If anything comes up at work, just say, “I’ll get to it Monday. Today is my birthday”. Come to think of it, I might do that. If my boss asks me to do something, I’ll just say, “I’ll get to it Monday. Today is Jane’s birthday”.

I see that the Yankee’s have signed Joe Girardi to a 4 year contract. One name I have seen thrown around that I find interesting is that of former Charleston Rainbow Sandy Alomar, Jr. I wouldn’t be against giving him an interview (and possibly a job).

Good luck to the Tigers and Revolutionary War Heroes in their games this Saturday. I know we haven’t talked much about them this season, but so far so good for both teams.

We are trying hard to secure a deal to post some pictures of the new Wright babies but so far we have been unable to nail down the details. I asked our Favorite Nurse Jen to send a baby pic, but all she sent was a picture of Danny (yes, that Danny).


Flashback Friday

Leah

Ansley

Granny, Leah and MaMa

Leah

Mary Ruth


Austin


Leah oops... sorry for the typo. I know this is Mary Ruth (I'd know that bear anywhere).

Allison and Leah



2 comments:

  1. You know the little girl in the pink dress holding teddy is actually your oldest child, not Leah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha... oops... I knew that was Mary Ruth (I recognized Teddy). I must have had Leah on my mind...

    But hey, thanks for only showing up on here to point out my mistakes. :)

    ReplyDelete