Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Sunday, October 6, 2013

Proverbs 23:24

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Gunner’s Mate First Class Joseph Mitchell (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on July 12, 1900, at Peking, China. His citation reads:

In the presence of the enemy during the battle of Peking, China, 12 July 1900, Mitchell distinguished himself by meritorious conduct.

Private Theodore Mitchell (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on April 2, 1865, at Petersburg, Virginia. His citation reads:

Capture of the flag of the Tennessee Brigade (C.S.A.).

Landsman Thomas Mitchell (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on November 17, 1879, on board the USS Richmond. His citation reads:

Serving on board the U.S.S. Richmond, Mitchell rescued from drowning, M. F. Caulan, first class boy, serving with him on the same vessel, at Shanghai, China, 17 November 1879.


A HUGE thanks to a neighbor of mine who had “his guy” come over Friday night to repair the trim at the bottom of the columns on my front porch (it was rotted… this neighbor also helped me take the railing down that was around my front porch). It all went down like this…

Neighbor: “Do you want me to send my guy to fix the trim at the bottom of those columns”.

Me: “Oh man, thanks, but you don’t have to do that. I can get someone to help…”

(his phone rings)

(Neighbor on phone): “Hey, do you still have your stuff in your truck? Okay, I need you to come fix the trim on the columns on the house across the street from me”.

(Neighbor to me): “I got a guy who is going to take care of that trim for you”.

Me: “Wow… That’s great. Thank you so much”.

So I was thinking someone would come by sometime next week when they had a chance. Nope… 5:45 on a Friday night a guy rings our doorbell to let us know he was going to be out there. By about 6:45, he was done (and had done a great job, I might add). I honestly don’t know my neighbor all that well (we say hey and stuff like that), so I think it was pretty cool of him to do what he did. I mean, that's something even Danny (yes, that Danny) didn’t do for me (though, I’m pretty sure this is the first he is hearing about me taking the railing down and seeing the rotten wood… but really, I shouldn’t have to make excuses for him).

Speaking of Danny, the countdown is on… pretty soon his family is going to double in size. My advice is for Danny to go make a big withdrawal from his checking account and hold it real tight as he sleeps. Then, as they head to the hospital, he should kiss that money goodbye because I’m pretty sure no matter how big your paycheck is, the answer to “How much money does it take to raise two girls?” is always going to be “More than you make”.


The I’m just sayin… Proverb of the Week
Proverbs 23:24

The father of a righteous child has great joy;
       a man who fathers a wise son rejoices in him.

No comments:

Post a Comment