Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Sunday, May 11, 2014

HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!!!!!!!!!!

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Private First Class Jimmy W. Phipps (US Marine Corps) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on May 27, 1969, near An Hoa, Republic of Vietnam. His citation reads:

For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty while serving as a combat engineer with Company B in connection with combat operations against the enemy. Pfc. Phipps was a member of a 2-man combat engineer demolition team assigned to locate and destroy enemy artillery ordnance and concealed firing devices. After he had expended all of his explosives and blasting caps, Pfc. Phipps discovered a 175mm high explosive artillery round in a rice paddy. Suspecting that the enemy had attached the artillery round to a secondary explosive device, he warned other marines in the area to move to covered positions and prepared to destroy the round with a hand grenade. As he was attaching the hand grenade to a stake beside the artillery round, the fuse of the enemy's secondary explosive device ignited. Realizing that his assistant and the platoon commander were both within a few meters of him and that the imminent explosion could kill all 3 men, Pfc. Phipps grasped the hand grenade to his chest and dived forward to cover the enemy's explosive and the artillery round with his body, thereby shielding his companions from the detonation while absorbing the full and tremendous impact with his body. Pfc. Phipps' indomitable courage, inspiring initiative, and selfless devotion to duty saved the lives of 2 marines and upheld the highest traditions of the Marine Corps and the U.S. Naval Service. He gallantly gave his life for his country.

First Lieutenant Frederick Phisterer (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on December 31, 1862, at Stone River, Tennessee. His citation reads:

Voluntarily conveyed, under a heavy fire, information to the commander of a battalion of regular troops by which the battalion was saved from capture or annihilation.

Corporal Edwin Phoenix (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on September 26-28, 1874, near Red River, Texas. His citation reads:

Gallantry in action.


I just wanted to swing by the I’m just sayin… offices to wish my Mom a VERY HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!!!!!! I hope she has a great day! Happy Mother’s Day to all of you other mothers out there, too! I hope all of you have a great day with your children (even if one of you would rather be with me… you know who you are).

Today we will look at Mom’s Top 5 shows…

5   Lassie

4   The Edge of Night

3   Amos and Andy

2   I Love Lucy

1   Carol Burnett Show


The I’m just sayin… Top 747 TV Shows of All-Time


Below we will have the rank, show, and years that the show ran (and sometimes any notes/thoughts I might have).


414   The King of Queens   1998-2007  

413   Beavis and Butt-head   1993-1997   I wasn't a fan of this one… but I know a lot of people were.

412   Donny & Marie   1976-1979  

411   Not Necessarily the News   1983-1990  

410   Pretty Little Liars   2010-present  

409   Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman   1993-1997  

408   American Gladiators   1989-1993  

407   Twin Peaks   1990–1991  

406   The Real Ghostbusters   1986-1991   This was a good cartoon.

405   Muppets Tonight   1996-1998  

404   The Bold Ones: The Lawyers   1968-1972  

403   Shindig!   1964-1966  

402   NewsRadio   1995-1999  

401   House Calls   1979-1982  

400   Zorro   1957-1959  

399   The New Casper Cartoon Show   1963-1969  

398   Charmed   1998-2006  

397   Married... with Children   1987-1997   This is the show that taught me what life with a wife and kids would be like…

396   Mr. Belvedere   1985-1990   This was a funny show.

395   Let's Make a Deal   1963-1991, 2009-present   This was always a fun game show to watch.

394   Major Dad   1989-1993  

393   Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids   1972-1985   Great cartoon… if you aren't a fat kid named Albert. And since I wasn't a fat kid named Albert, I liked this show.

392   The Lineup   1954-1960  

391   The O'Reilly Factor   1996-present  

390   Grace Under Fire   1993-1998  


The I’m just sayin… Gospel Verse of the Week
Mark 3:25

If a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment