Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Friday, November 13, 2015

From the news…

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Sergeant Andrew J. Tozier (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on July 2, 1863, at Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. His citation reads:

At the crisis of the engagement this soldier, a color bearer, stood alone in an advanced position, the regiment having been borne back, and defended his colors with musket and ammunition picked up at his feet.

Lieutenant Colonel Amasa A. Tracy (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on October 19, 1864, at Cedar Creek, Virginia. His citation reads:

Took command of and led the brigade in the assault on the enemy's works.

Colonel Benjamin F. Tracy (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on May 6, 1864, at Wilderness, Virginia. His citation reads:

Seized the colors and led the regiment when other regiments had retired and then reformed his line and held it.


Help Team I’m just sayin… in the Walk to End Alzheimer’s

To donate to me: Click Here.



Here are a couple of things from the news this past week that caught my eye…


I’m sure you have heard what has been going on in Missouri… Jason Whitlock had some interesting thoughts on it. You can read them here.


I try to be as nice as possible and see all sides of an issue, but sometimes it is hard. So, in an effort to be as nice as possible I will say it is nice to see that at least one person in this video is smart (hint: it’s not either of the “adults” seen in the video).



Here is a report on what happened:



Look… I don’t want harm to come to any of these people, but if I was there boss they wouldn’t have to worry about coming into work anymore. For the most part, college students get a pass. I don’t hold them to the same standards I do the adults shown in the video. They should know better…


Up in Yale, it seems there are racial problems… which is rather shocking to me because I thought Yale is in the north and “those” kinds of problems only happen in the South (so I’ve been told). Anywho, you can read more about it here. There’s also a video on there… it’s not exactly polite language being used, so be warned.


I won’t say too much about these events because I’m trying to be nice… and because I accept the fact that I might not know all there is to know about the situations. I will say it is sad some of these people get to vote and their vote counts the same as Jeremy’s (I trust him waaaaaaaay more than I do these people). I will also say it seems their families and, perhaps, society in general have failed some of them. Listen, I get that parenting is hard. I was an expert on the subject until 12/28/2005… at which point I figured out I don’t have a freaking clue what I’m doing. I’m not kidding as much as you might think I am when I tell you there were times I looked to Lucy (our dog) for help when The Wife left me home alone with Mary Ruth. And, looking back, that was the right thing for me to do (I still believe she knew more than me). So I get that it’s hard. And I’m not saying I do the right thing all of the time (or even some of the time)… but if I ever see one of my kids acting like some of the kids on the videos I just shared, I will know I failed. Big time.

No comments:

Post a Comment