Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Friday, November 27, 2015

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALLISON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Chief Boatswain's Mate Othniel Tripp (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on January 15, 1865, on board the U.S.S. Seneca. His citation reads:

On board the U.S.S. Seneca in the assault on Fort Fisher, 15 January 1865. Despite severe enemy fire which halted an attempt by his assaulting party to enter the stockade, Tripp boldly charged through the gap in the stockade although the center of the line, being totally unprotected, fell back along the open beach and left too few in the ranks to attempt an offensive operation.

Private Howell G. Trogden (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on May 22, 1863, at Vicksburg, Mississippi. His citation reads:

Gallantry in the charge of the "volunteer storming party." He carried his regiment's flag and tried to borrow a gun to defend it.

Second Class Fireman James M. Trout (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on April 20, 1877, on board the U.S.S. Frolic. His citation reads:

Serving on board the U.S.S. Frolic, Trout displayed gallant conduct in endeavoring to save the life of one of the crew of that vessel who had fallen overboard at Montevideo, 20 April 1877.


Help Team I’m just sayin… in the Walk to End Alzheimer’s

To donate to me: Click Here.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my oldest niece Allison (daughter of Sonny)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope she has a GREAT day! I had a chance to watch her cheer at a high school playoff football game last Friday night when the Dorman Doormats Cavaliers came to the Lowcountry to beat up on the West Ashley Wildcats. It was a great game and a lot of fun to watch.

I also had a chance to go watch my youngest niece Meredith (Teresa Lynn's youngest) play soccer this past Saturday. It was great being out there with Sonny and Teresa Lynn watching soccer. This is the second soccer game… err… match I’ve seen in a row where Meredith scored a goal.

Speaking (kinda) of Teresa Lynn... She came to our church a couple of weeks ago to see my kids sing.  As she is talking to my friends, she doesn't introduce herself as my sister... she introduces herself as The Wife's sister-in-law (though she used The Wife's "real" name).  I was sitting right by her!  That's the level of respect I get from my family.  Sonny would have never done that (though, to be fair, he wouldn't have said anything... they would just know anyone that quiet would HAVE to be Sonny).

Speaking of Sonny... at my house we don't play The Quiet Game... we play The Uncle Sonny Game.  So far, none of my kids are that good at it.

Anyway, here are some pictures from the weekend…


Daniel with a picture next to The Rock (not that one... or that one either).  This is The Rock at West Ashley High School (to honor one of the schools, St. Andrews Rocks, that made the school).
 
Allison cheering at the game... Yay Allison!!!!  And yes, I also thought those must be the middle school uniforms (since the skirts are so short), but it seems that is what passes for "appropriate" these days.  If Mary Ruth or Susie ever cheer (if even for one game) they will wear the ankle length skirts.

Good "resting" form

Me and my crazy little football fan

Daniel and Nana

More cheering (this time during halftime).  This is the closest I got to having Allison look at us.  I tried waving to her and yelling her name, but I guess she didn't see me...

Meredith at her soccer game

Me, Sonny, Susie and Daniel at the soccer game

Meredith ready to score a goal

Meredith after the game with her fans

Me, Meredith, Sonny and Susie's hand

My soccer fans on the way home after a day at Nana and Da's house

Calypso and Colt... living it up on Mr. Daddy's sofa (they call me Mr. Daddy)

This is how Scooby looked when I woke up on Monday morning

Me and Allison... We have both grown since then (her up and me out)

No comments:

Post a Comment