Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Thursday, November 26, 2015

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Private John Tribe (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on August 25, 1862, at Waterloo Bridge, Virginia. His citation reads:

Voluntarily assisted in the burning and destruction of the bridge under heavy fire of the enemy.

Fireman Second Class Telesforo Trinidad (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on January 21, 1915, on board the U.S.S. San Diego. His citation reads:

For extraordinary heroism in the line of his profession at the time of the boiler explosion on board the U.S.S. San Diego, 21 January 1915. Trinidad was driven out of fireroom No. 2 by the explosion, but at once returned and picked up R.E. Daly, fireman, second class, whom he saw to be injured, and proceeded to bring him out. While coming into No. 4 fireroom, Trinidad was just in time to catch the explosion in No. 3 fireroom, but without consideration for his own safety, passed Daly on and then assisted in rescuing another injured man from No. 3 fireroom. Trinidad was himself burned about the face by the blast from the explosion in No. 3 fireroom.

Ordinary Seaman Samuel Triplett (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on July 26-27, 1898, on board the U.S.S. Marblehead. His citation reads:

On board the U.S.S. Marblehead at the approaches to Caimanera, Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, 26 and 27 July 1898. Displaying heroism, Triplett took part in the perilous work of sweeping for and disabling 27 contact mines during this period.


Help Team I’m just sayin… in the Walk to End Alzheimer’s

To donate to me: Click Here.


I would like to wish all of you a very HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We hope you have a GREAT day with friends and/or family…


I’ve been a little busy, so I haven’t had a chance yet to congratulate THE Citadel Bulldogs for their victory over the South Carolina Revolutionary War Heroes! Friends, weeks ago when the Ol’ Ball Coach decided to resign as the Head Ball Coach at USC I sent an email to my favorite Citadel grad (my Labor Day Uncle DG) and said, “I think we all know Spurrier retired because he knew he wasn't going to be able to beat The Citadel this year...”. I admit at the time he had yet to make clear he was “resigning”, not “retiring”… but either way, I knew that he wanted no part of that Citadel game. As you know, I have some very good friends who are loyal fans of the Revolutionary War Heroes, so I’m not being mean when I say this. The Citadel should have won by more than 1. This wasn’t a shock. The Citadel didn’t “stun” anyone. The only way this would have been a shock is if you hadn’t been following these teams. The Citadel is having a great season and… well… Spurrier didn’t quit because he thought USC was going to win out.

Carolina will get better, but it might take some time. I don’t think this interim coach is the one to do it. He’s the wrong Elliott. Unfortunately, the right Elliott is currently coaching in Clemson and I don’t think he would want the job (right now, at least). If it were me, I’d go after Texas head coach Charlie Strong. I’ve been a fan of his since his time as DC at Carolina. Usually, I wouldn’t think anyone could get a coach to leave Texas, but this could be the year it could happen. The other guy I’d go after would be Urban Meyer. Things, for the most part, went well with the last former Florida coach… maybe it could happen again. Plus, it would be nice for once to have someone move down here from Ohio and actually benefit the state. Again, this could be the year you might actually be able to get a football coach to leave Ohio State. I’m sure the Revolutionary War Heroes won’t go after any of them… but I would.

No comments:

Post a Comment