Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Saturday, August 14, 2010

BREAKING NEWS!!!! A Message from The Wife

We at I'm just sayin... would like to take a step back for one minute to let The Wife post a message.

************************************************************************************************
I didn’t think 30 would bother me until my best friend turned 30. Then I started to think about how old that was and that I was supposed to have so much more accomplished by now. So of course it started this introspective look at what I have learned and accomplished. And although I am not a public speaker or blogger and I don’t generally enjoy being the center of attention, here is what I have learned.

I have learned that high school was not the best times of your life – whose genius idea was that?

But college was a pretty close second or third.

I have learned that love at first sight does exist.

I have learned to surround myself with people who make me a better person. I have some amazing friends.

I have learned to be grateful for what I have, although I am still working on not coveting what I don’t.

I know the pain of being told you can’t have children and the joy of finding out you are pregnant.

I have learned that exercising is a necessary evil.

I have learned that minivans ROCK!

I have learned that I have God-given talents. Although I always wonder where that line is between good pride and sinful pride, I know that I am great with children, specifically special needs children and that I was put here to be a teacher and an advocate even if it means stepping on some toes.

And I have learned that I can do that and be a great mother.

I have learned that cooking and cleaning are not some of my God-given talents. I thank God for restaurants several times a week.

I have learned that dogs really are some of your best friends.

I have learned that my vet can see me coming a mile away.

I have learned that Hootie and the Blowfish are still one of my favorite bands.

I am still learning that life does not go according to my Type-A, OCD, plan – and that’s generally a good thing.

I have learned to apologize. So I am going to take this time to apologize to my dear friend Leigh Ann Carter. Apparently, I do not know where babies come from either.

I have learned that when you have a less than %1 chance of something happening – there is still that 1% chance that it will. I have learned that I am pregnant with my third little blessing! And although this is not according to my plan, I have already learned that that is a wonderful thing.

*************************************************************************************
So there you have it. Baby #3 is due in early April (a short time after, I hope, Winthrop wins their first men's basketball national championship). This is an exciting time for me... (for us)... but really for me. There are a few comments/questions I'd like to address now.

Comment/Question 1: "Are you trying for a boy?" (or "Maybe this will be your boy"... or "Maybe this will be the boy for Greg").

Answer: See my thoughts on this kind of talk here.

Comment/Question 2: "Is this a surprise?"

(There are multiple answers I've given to this question)...

Answer 1: It's not as much of a surprise as it would be if I'd been out of town for the past 2 months.

Answer 2: We spent thousands of dollars to get pregnant the first time. Hundreds of dollars to get pregnant the second time. What do you think?

Answer 3: Nope. I remember that night when we were done looking at The Wife and saying "BOOM goes the dynamite! That just happened". Haha... just kidding.

Answer 4: Yes, but I'm excited.

Question 3: "Who is Doubting Teri?"

Answer: My sister. She earned that name by not believing me when I called her to tell her this great news. She is the only person to doubt me (not including Jenn... but to be fair, I was lying to her). Doubting Teri had to talk to The Wife before she would believe me. She will learn, I'm sure, that that was the wrong thing to do.

Question 4: "How did the rest of your family take the news?"

Answer: Aside from Doubting Teri... my Mom & Dad (and Sonny) were all thrilled (Doubting Teri was too after she talked to The Wife). Mary Ruth is excited and has decided that she needs to teach Susie how to be a Big Sister.

So there you have it. As more questions come, I will address them on here.

Before I go, I'd like to tip my hat to my good friend KC (who was only 2 months off on his guess that we'd have Baby #3 in June of next year).

No comments:

Post a Comment