Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Monday, August 30, 2010

Hello Vaction!

Day one of The Vacation is closing and so far, so good. We left the house an hour later than I had planed… so I guess we really left on time. The weather is great right now. Mary Ruth and I had a chance to go swimming… she’s a lot better in the pool now than she was back in May. Maybe those swimming lessons at the Y really were worth it.

I’m really considering watching a movie that I had no interest in seeing until I saw that Betty White is in it. I just saw the commercial for it. I already forgot the name of it… but I still kind of want to see it.

Of course, when I say I’m going to watch a movie, what I really mean is that at best I’ll get the DVD… or if I come across it on TV I’ll stop and watch.

If you don’t have to worry about school, this seems to be a great time of year to go on a vacation. We haven’t seen too many people around here so far.

So, word on the street is that a football coach in Summerville is a little miffed that a former FSU football coach has a new book out with the same title (Called to Coach) that he has already used for a book. Cry me a river.

I’m thinking KC and I should name our book The Holy Bible.

What? Too far?

It only took me four trips from the van to get all of our stuff to the room. We are on the 4th floor.

I’m thinking there is a good chance Mary Ruth is going to grow up to be a lawyer/politician. If that happens, then thank God MaMa won’t be here to see it.

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Private James Allen (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on September 14, 1862 at South Mountain, Maryland. His citation reads:

Single-handed and slightly wounded he accosted a squad of 14 Confederate soldiers bearing the colors of the 16th Georgia Infantry (C.S.A.). By an imaginary ruse he secured their surrender and kept them at bay when the regimental commander discovered him and rode away for assistance.

Corporal Nathaniel M. Allen (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on July 2, 1863 at Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. His citation reads:

When his regiment was falling back, this soldier, bearing the national color, returned in the face of the enemy's fire, pulled the regimental flag from under the body of its bearer, who had fallen, saved the flag from capture, and brought both colors off the field.

First Sergeant William Allen (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on March 27, 1873 at Turret Mountain Arizona during the Indian War Campaigns. His citation reads:

Gallantry in action.

2 comments:

  1. But I'm pretty sure it would really boost our book sales... Of course, knowing me and KC like I do we'd probably misspell it. It's end up being called The Holly Bible.

    Would that be better?

    ReplyDelete