Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Friday, November 15, 2013

Congrats Ross and Ginny!!!!!!!

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Second Lieutenant Louis C. Mosher (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on June 11, 1913, at Gagsak Mountain, Jolo, Philippine Islands. His citation reads:

Voluntarily entered a cleared space within about 20 yards of the Moro trenches under a furious fire from them and carried a wounded soldier of his company to safety at the risk of his own life.

Private First Class Edward J. Moskala (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on April 9, 1945, at Kakazu Ridge, Okinawa, Ryukyu Islands. His citation reads:

He was the leading element when grenade explosions and concentrated machinegun and mortar fire halted the unit's attack on Kakazu Ridge, Okinawa, Ryukyu Islands. With utter disregard for his personal safety, he charged 40 yards through withering, grazing fire and wiped out 2 machinegun nests with well-aimed grenades and deadly accurate fire from his automatic rifle. When strong counterattacks and fierce enemy resistance from other positions forced his company to withdraw, he voluntarily remained behind with 8 others to cover the maneuver. Fighting from a critically dangerous position for 3 hours, he killed more than 25 Japanese before following his surviving companions through screening smoke down the face of the ridge to a gorge where it was discovered that one of the group had been left behind, wounded. Unhesitatingly, Pvt. Moskala climbed the bullet-swept slope to assist in the rescue, and, returning to lower ground, volunteered to protect other wounded while the bulk of the troops quickly took up more favorable positions. He had saved another casualty and killed 4 enemy infiltrators when he was struck and mortally wounded himself while aiding still another disabled soldier. With gallant initiative, unfaltering courage, and heroic determination to destroy the enemy, Pvt. Moskala gave his life in his complete devotion to his company's mission and his comrades' well-being. His intrepid conduct provided a lasting inspiration for those with whom he served.

Private John W. Mostoller (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on June 18, 1864, at Lynchburg, Virginia. His citation reads:

Voluntarily led a charge on a Confederate battery (the officers of the company being disabled) and compelled its hasty removal.


We at I’m just sayin… would like to take a minute to congratulate my good friends Rossiter and Ginny on the birth of their first child (a masculine child), James Edward. They are calling him Gregiter and they have asked me (telepathically via Ross) to be his Blogfather. I, of course, said yes (fyi… this is just between us… don’t tell Ginny).

Let me tell you a classic story about Ross. A few weeks ago I’m at work going over something with my boss. My phone rings and I see that it’s Ross. Now, I know Ginny’s pregnant but I don’t remember exactly when the baby is due, so I tell my boss “Sorry, I really need to take this call”. I step out of his office and answer the phone. Long story short, Ross was calling me regarding a Fantasy Football trade. Fast forward to this week… I had to find out on Facebook that Gregiter had been born and then had to shame Ross (via his brother-in-law and my good friend/banker Michael) into sending me a text to let me know of the birth.

Below is a picture of my little guy with his son…






Flashback Friday


The pictures in this section today are from last December.  This is a reminder to pray for Alicia (who took the pics).  She had her surgery this week.  So pray they got all the cancer and that she has a fast recovery.
 






No comments:

Post a Comment