Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Sunday, January 19, 2014

Happy 44th Birthday Cougar!!!!!!!

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Corporal Henry D. O’Brien (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on July 3, 1863, at Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. His citation reads:

Taking up the colors where they had fallen, he rushed ahead of his regiment, close to the muzzles of the enemy's guns, and engaged in the desperate struggle in which the enemy was defeated, and though severely wounded, he held the colors until wounded a second time.

Coxswain Oliver O’Brien (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on November 28, 1864, on board the U.S. Sloop John Adams. His citation reads:

Served as coxswain on board the U.S. Sloop John Adams, Sullvan's Island Channel, 28 November 1864. Taking part in the boarding of the blockade runner Beatrice while under heavy enemy fire from Fort Moultrie, O'Brien, who was in charge of one of the boarding launches, carried out his duties with prompt and energetic conduct. This action resulted in the firing of the Beatrice and the capture of a quantity of supplies from her.

Private Peter O’Brien (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on March 2, 1865, at Waynesboro, Virginia. His citation reads:

Capture of flag and of a Confederate officer with his horse and equipment.


We just wanted to swing by the I’m just sayin… office today to wish my sister-in-law Cougar a VERY HAPPY 44th BIRTHDAY!!!!! We hope Allison, Austin and 43 year-old Sonny make it a great day!




Cougar has the honor of sharing a birthday with the greatest military leader ever, General Robert E. Lee. Were he still alive, General Lee would be 207 years old today. So, in order of age (oldest to youngest) we have: Robert E. Lee, Cougar and Sonny.


The I’m just sayin… Gospel Verse of the Week
Matthew 7:7-8

7“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened”.

No comments:

Post a Comment