Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Wednesday, January 22, 2014

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEREDITH!!!!!!!

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Coal Heaver Thomas O’Connell (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on August 5, 1864, on board the flagship U.S.S. Hartford. His citation reads:

On board the flagship U.S.S. Hartford, during successful attacks against Fort Morgan, rebel gunboats and the ram Tennessee in Mobile Bay on 5 August 1864. Although a patient in the sick bay, O'Connell voluntarily reported at his station at the shell whip and continued to perform his duties with zeal and courage until his right hand was severed by an enemy shellburst.

Landsman James F. O’Conner (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on June 15, 1880, on board the USS Jean Sands. His citation reads:

For jumping overboard from the U.S.S. Jean Sands, opposite the Norfolk Navy Yard, on the night of 15 June 1880, and rescuing from drowning a young girl who had fallen overboard.

Sergeant Albert O’Connor (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on March 31 – April 1, 1865, at Gravelly Run, Virginia. His citation reads:

On 31 March 1865, with a comrade, recaptured a Union officer from a detachment of 9 Confederates, capturing 3 of the detachment and dispersing the remainder, and on 1 April 1865, seized a stand of Confederate colors, killing a Confederate officer in a hand_to_hand contest over the colors and retaining the colors until surrounded by Confederates and compelled to relinquish them.


Today we’d like to wish Teresa Lynn’s youngest daughter Meredith a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!! We hope she has a GREAT day!


No comments:

Post a Comment