Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Friday, July 9, 2010

Friday Thoughts....

I received a call last night from a concerned reader regarding my post this past Wednesday. His call, he claimed, was to “set the record straight” about Bryce Florie. Sonny was very adamant in his claim that he hit a double down the left field line off of Bryce in a game. Of course, looking back on our conversation, I can’t help but notice he only talked about that one hit. If I had to guess, I’d say Sonny probably faced Bryce at least 10 times... maybe more. So until I have confirmation from another source (so far our calls to Bryce Florie have not been returned) I have to stand by what I wrote on Wednesday.

Sonny also wanted to point out that he hit a home run off of Mike Kimbrell (who is on the ballot for the HOF this year) in a local college summer league back around ’89-’90. While I will give him credit for his story about this “hit” being better than the one about his “hit” off of Florie, I still must wait for confirmation (so far we have been unable to reach Mike). Of course, I wouldn’t be doing my job if I failed to point out that Sonny had a home run stroke along the lines of former Brave Rafael Belliard.

I forgot to point this out Wednesday, but did you notice the 1990 Citadel Baseball team is in the Charleston Baseball HOF? Guess who would have been on that team? That’s right... Sonny. He could have been a Hall of Famer. But hey, at least he met his wife at Clemson. Haha.

So did you hear Lebron James is going to join my Miami Heat? That’s what I’m talking about. Now with Wade, Bosh and James nothing can keep us from bringing the NBA championship to Miami for many years to come. I’m sure this will cause a lot of guys like Jeremy to want to jump on the Heat bandwagon. Don’t worry, Jeremy, there’s plenty of room for you.

Speaking of Jeremy, it looks like we’re going to have a good match in the World Cup final (Netherlands vs. Spain). If you’re anything like me, you probably thought the World Cup ended after the US was knocked out but it seems they kept playing. Good luck Spain!

Back to Lebron... The owner of the Cavs was very nice in an open letter he wrote wishing King James luck in Miami. And if you believe that, you probably believe what Sonny was trying to sell me on the phone last night. Can you say “bitter”. Wow! I can’t wait for my Heat to crush the Cavs next season.

No comments:

Post a Comment