Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Thursday, August 11, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE WIFE!!!!!!!



HAPPY BIRTHDAY to The Wife!!!!!

As I’m sure all of you are aware, today is The Wife’s birthday. So I would like to begin the post today by wishing The Wife a very happy birthday! A gentleman never tells his wife’s current age, so I’ll just say that she was 30 yesterday.

I’m not sure how happy a birthday it will be for her today. We’re going to “Meet the Teacher” night at Mary Ruth’s new school tonight… if it’s anything like “Facts and Fees” day, The Wife will be shedding some tears tonight.

I won’t list a bunch of facts about The Wife this year like I did last year… but I will tell you that she’s a great wife and an even better mother. Together, we have three kids and I can honestly tell you I have absolutely no clue what I’m doing when it comes to raising them. She is the one that reads to them and spends time talking to them… helping them develop their mind and body. I’m the one that teaches them what is good TV and what isn’t.

She works with special needs children. It’s not just her job, but it’s her passion. She doesn’t really have set work hours... even when she isn’t “at work”, she is on call. The Wife isn’t required to be on-call, she chooses to be because of how much cares about “her kids”. I think most of the families she works with appreciate all that she does for them… but I’m sure there are a few who have no clue how lucky they are. If ever anyone went above and beyond in their line of work, it’s The Wife.

I can still remember the day I met her.

So… to The Wife I say, Happy Birthday!! I love you!!!!


Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Captain Bernard A. Byrne (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on July 19, 1899 at Bobong, Negros, Philippine Islands. His citation reads:

Most distinguished gallantry in rallying his men on the bridge after the line had been broken and pushed back.

Sergeant Denis Byrne (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions from October 1876 to January 1877 at Cedar Creek, etc., Montana. His citation reads:

Gallantry in engagements.

Boatswain’s Mate James Byrnes (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on during the Civil War on board the USS Louisville. His citation reads:

Served on board the U.S.S. Louisville. Carrying out his duties through the thick of battle and acting as captain of a 9-inch gun, Brynes consistently showed "Attention to duty, bravery, and coolness in action against the enemy."

No comments:

Post a Comment