Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Friday, May 21, 2010

Mailbag Part 3

Before we get to the mail, we at I’m just sayin... would like to wish Clark and Jenn Williams a very Happy 5th Anniversary. Here’s to many more.


Dear I’m just sayin...

You have done so much to bring joy and happiness into our lives... Is there anything we can do for you?

Silent Majority


Dear Silent,

Gosh, that is very kind of you to say. I have to admit, just knowing that my words help brighten your day is enough for me. However, if you did want to give me something... well, there is one thing I need. You see, I’ve been collecting the state quarters and keeping in some cardboard thing that I believe my sister-in-law gave me. I have all of the states (and Puerto Rico... which is odd since I don’t recall it ever becoming a state, but whatever) except for Oklahoma. I can’t find an Oklahoma quarter anywhere. So if you could get me an Oklahoma quarter, that would be great!



Dear I’m just sayin...

Longtime reader, first time writer. I am still kind of new to the area and I’ve noticed that people keep making fun of me because I don’t look like them. Sometimes it hurts so much I want to cry. Do you think I should tell them that I am from Connecticut, not Puerto Rico? And why do people here think that people from Puerto Rico are illegal immigrants? Also, I play the guitar and it seems to make people happy. But every time I ask people what song is it they want to hear, they always give me the same answer. Am I missing something?

Sad Transplant


Dear Illegal,

First, let me say thanks for writing. It’s always good to hear from my followers. I usually only take one question from each writer, but you seem like a nice guy and I really want to help you out. I have a 3 part answer for your first question: 1. Don’t cry. You think they make fun of you now... let them find out you cried and it’ll be all over. 2. As someone who has (happily) lived in this fine state my whole life, I advise that you never (and I mean NEVER) tell someone down here that you are from up north. Just trust me on this one. 3. People make fun of others for 2 reasons... to hurt or to show love. Just assume the people making fun of you are doing it to show their love. That’s what I always do. Of course, if you tell them you are from the north... well... just don’t tell them. As for being an "illegal immigrant"... to people here, if you aren't from the South, then you are an illegal immigrant.
:-)

As for your last question... I don’t care if you are playing in a small hole-in-the-wall bar or in front of a large church crowd in the middle of a worship service, if you say “What song is it y’all wanna hear?” at least one person will yell “Free Bird!”. Why? Because that’s how God intended that question to be answered. So, either learn to play Free Bird or quit asking people what song is it they want to hear.


Dear I’m just sayin...

I am a young, successful player on one of the best teams (nay, one of the best ORGANIZATIONS) in the NFL. I’m rich, I’m young, I look... well, let’s just say I’m rich enough that most women think I look good. Hey, I like to party. I don’t deny that. But it seems like every time I go out to have a good time, I get in trouble. Why does this keep happening to me?

Big Trouble


Dear Biggie,

Two words: PlayStation 2. I know there are other game systems out there, but this one will do the trick. You start playing this bad boy and before you know it hours will have flown by. If you need a little more “action” in your life, get a Wii. It also wouldn’t kill you to just stay home and read. Bottom line, though, is I would quit going out if I were you. You keep this up and before you know it one day you’ll really screw up and wake up married!



Dear I’m just sayin...

I love this blog! I wish I was as good a writer as you are! Are you anywhere else on the internet?

Flexible with the Word


Dear Flex,

Glad you asked. I am also on Facebook, LinkedIn, and now Twitter. Don’t expect a ton of updates from me on any of these, though. I’m the kind of guy who would rather hear about what other people are doing than talk about myself.
;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment