Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Monday, May 6, 2013

The I'm just sayin… Top 421 Books of All-Time Countdown (321-302)

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Private Robert A. Lower (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on May 22, 1863, at Vicksburg, Mississippi. His citation reads:

Gallantry in the charge of the "volunteer storming party.

Ensign George Maus Lowry (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on April 21-22, 1914, at Vera Cruz, Mexico. His citation reads:

For distinguished conduct in battle, engagements of Vera Cruz, 21-22 April 1914; Ens. Lowry was in both days' fighting at the head of his company, and was eminent and conspicuous in his conduct, leading his men with skill and courage.

Private James Lowthers (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on April 23, 1875, at Sappa Creek, Kansas. His citation reads:

With 5 other men he waded in mud and water up the creek to a position directly behind an entrenched Cheyenne position, who were using natural bank pits to good advantage against the main column. This surprise attack from the enemy rear broke their resistance.


The I'm just sayin… Top 421 Books of All-Time Countdown

321 Dick Schaap (As Told To Dick Schaap): Flashing Before My Eyes… 50 Years of Headlines, Deadlines, and Punchlines by: Dick Schaap

320 The Falcon and The Snowman: A True Story of Friendship and Espionage by: Robert Lindsey

319 Blue Blood: Duke-Carolina: Inside The Most Storied Rivalry In College Hoops by: Art Chansky

318 Blood on the Hills by: David J. Bercuson

317 Home And Away: Memoir of a Fan by: Scott Simon

316 Robert Kennedy: His Life by: Evan Thomas

315 Treason: How a Russian Spy Led an American Journalist to a US Double Agent by: Bill Powell

314 Tommy & Me: The Making of a Dad by: Ben Stein

313 Clearing the Bases: Juiced Players, Monster Salaries, Sham Records, and a Hall of Famer's Search for the Soul of Baseball by: Mike Schmidt

312 Ten Things I Wish I'd Known Before I Went Out Into The Real World by: Maria Shriver

311 The Story of the Other Wise Man by: Henry Van Dyke

310 The Freemasons: A History of the World's Most Powerful Secret Society by: Jasper Ridley

309 Blindsighted by: Karin Slaughter

308 Dick Cheney: In My Time by: Dick Cheney

307 Churchill On Courage: Timeless Wisdom For Persevering by: Frederick Talbott

306 President Reagan: The Role of a Lifetime by: Lou Cannon *Pretty good book about a great President.*

305 This Just In: What I Couldn't Tell You On TV by: Bob Schieffer

304 Staying True by: Jenny Sanford  *A lot of this book is good... but there are some parts where she just sounds like a bitter woman.  Not that I blame her...*

303 Creating an Empire: ESPN: The No-Holds-Barred Story of Power, Ego, Money, and Vision that Transformed a Culture by: Stuart Evey

302 The Enemy Within by: Robert Kennedy




No comments:

Post a Comment