Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Thursday, September 17, 2015

HAPPY 6th ANNIVERSARY I’m just sayin…

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Private Henry A. Thompson (US Marine Corps) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on January 15, 1865, on board the U.S.S. Minnesota. His citation reads:

On board the U.S.S. Minnesota in the assault on Fort Fisher, 15 January 1865. Landing on the beach with the assaulting party from his ship, Private Thompson advanced partly through a breach in the palisades and nearer to the fort than any man from his ship despite enemy fire which killed or wounded many officers and men. When more than two_thirds of the men became seized with panic and retreated on the run, he remained with the party until dark, when it came safely away, bringing its wounded, its arms and its colors.

Seaman Henry Thompson (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on June 27, 1878, at Mare Island, California. His citation reads:

For rescuing a man from drowning at Mare Island, Calif., 27 June 1878.

Private James Thompson (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on April 1, 1865, at White Oak Road, Virginia. His citation reads:

Made a hazardous reconnaissance through timber and slashings, preceding the Union line of battle, signaling the troops and leading them through the obstructions.


Help Team I’m just sayin… in the Walk to End Alzheimer’s

To donate to me: Click Here.

To join team I’m just sayin…: Click Here.


Before we get to the anniversary celebration, I’d like to point out that my team hasn’t reached its goal yet. The walk is this Saturday… so you still have time to be part of the solution and not part of the problem. Thanks!


CONGRATS to Jeremy and Rebecca on the birth of their little baby (let’s call him “Greg”… even if they named him “Ethan”). His pic is on Facebook, so I don’t mind sharing one here…



There is a story about his birth that I will try to share with you tomorrow… but for now let’s get to our anniversary stuff.


We at I’m just sayin… would like to wish all of our readers a very Happy 6th Anniversary! We have had another great year and we look forward to having an even better 7th year.

I would like to point out again that we’ve managed to hang on to our Medal of Honor segment, keeping it the longest running segment on any blog that I read. Now let’s look at some stats for the blog.


First Post Ever

1st Post – September 17, 2009
Patrick Swayze, President Obama, & the media

First Post of the Past Season

September 18, 2014
So… about Daniel playing soccer

Total Number of Posts

1,197

Total Post of the Past Season

155

Longest Streak

264

Longest Streak of the Past Season

32

Most Viewed Posts (Top 5) – All-Time

1. Is it Tuesday already? (825)

2. HAPPY 900TH POST!!!!! (791)

3. Halfway to the Weekend (605)

4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALLISON!!!!! (171)

5. Sleeping Daniel (146)

Top 10 Pageviews By Country

United States (43,313)

Russia (6,210)

Germany (2,918)

United Kingdom (2,269)

France (1,521)

Argentina (1,304)

Ukraine (1,056)

Spain (747)

China (565)

Denmark (517)

Top 5 Pageviews By Browsers

FireFox (26,057 - 35%)

Internet Explorer (21,536 - 29%)

Safari (10,590 - 14%)

Chrome (8,698 - 11%)

Opera (3,591 - 4%)

Top 2 Operating System

Windows (50,224 - 68%)

iPhone (6,007 - 8%)

My Top 5 Favorite Segments (All-Time)

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients

Picture Tuesday/Thursday

The I’m just sayin… Bible Verse/Proverb of the Week/Gospel Verse

The I’m just sayin… Countdown May

Flashback Friday - (Not currently used)

Top 5 Nicknames on I’m just sayin…

The Wife - My wife

Sonny - My big brother

Teresa Lynn - My big sister… the former Doubting Teri (and No-Name Teri)

Danny (yes, that Danny) – My friend Danny

The Twins - Susie and Daniel


My Top 12 Favorite Posts (All-Time)

An open letter to Trident Medical Center

BREAKING NEWS!!!! A Message from The Wife

Hate what is evil...

HAPPY “4-OMG No-Name Teri is 40” BIRTHDAY No-Name Teri!!!!!!!!

Happy Birthday Jenn!!!!!! (better known for my story of Uncle George's immigration)

Talkin Baseball

My Funeral....Let’s set a record!

The Empire…err…Hospital Strikes Back

Reactions....

Story Time

Now it is official

I will now solve all racial problems!!!!! (You’re welcome)…

I am not sure what my countdown will be next May. It might be time to update some of my past countdowns. I might take suggestions (though I might not use them). We’ll have to wait and see. Until then, don’t forget to donate to my Walk to End Alzheimer’s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment