Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I liked Country better back when it was ugly...

That’s a good Tim Wilson song from years ago. It’s kind of how I feel about NASCAR. Ok, I’ve never really been a huge NASCAR fan... sure, I think Richard Petty is larger than life... but I’m sure everyone feels that way. Still, I would usually watch a race or two each year plus parts of almost every race if I came across it while watching TV. (***Side note: I remember watching some of the 2001 Daytona 500. I was walking out the door when Dale Earnhardt wrecked. I didn’t think much of it... it didn’t look nearly as bad as a wreck earlier in the race. It wasn’t until later that night I found out that wreck killed Earnhardt. End side note***). Anyway, this past Sunday I watched my first race in about two years. It just doesn’t feel the same. It hasn’t felt the same in a long time. Maybe it’s just a case of thinking things were better “back then”... but it really feels like things were better. Again, I’m no expert, so I could be wrong. I know some changes were for safety reasons and, even if I don’t agree with all of them, I can respect why these changes came about. But there's something else that's gone bad. Fine, I’ll say it... I think things started going downhill for NASCAR when it became popular outside of the South. Yet again, the yankees up north and the hippies out west are ruining my life.

For any of you scoring at home, so far we have received 3 home cooked meals (all chicken, yet all different... and all AWESOME). We also received food from one of our favorite pizza places and a frozen meal. So far, this baby thing is really paying off for us.

I have to note here that The Mother-in-Law has eaten some of the home cooked meals that were brought to us. Meals that were made for ME. Well played, Mother-in-Law... well played.

Ok, I put off talking about this as long as I could... what the heck happened to Navy last week? Temple. Temple? Temple?! How do you lose to Temple? That’s just bad.

However... the Midshipmen will need to regroup for their game this Saturday at South Bend. That’s right... It’s Navy at Notre Dame this Saturday and my money is on Navy.

Is it bad that I sometimes find myself watching a game on TV in hopes that I’ll see one of my current favorite commercials (both for Miller High Life)?





Cleveland Cavs update: The Cavs are taking a day off before showing the Bulls how to play NBA basketball.

Winthrop Eagles update: Eagles Head Coach Randy Peele is writing a weekly column this year for the website collegechalktalk.com.

1 comment:

  1. Just a footnote to your post...I was at the 2001 Daytona 500 in the infield. I didn't see the wreck but was still in the infield when they announced that THE INTIMIDATOR had passed away.

    There is still conflict between drivers and there still are wrecks so, the problem with Nascar is the car of tomorrow. I am a fan for going back to the old car and do away with the restrictor plates...remember these are grown men who have made a choice to drive a 3800lb missle. Let them go as fast as possible - Bill Elliot used to go 200+. It's a dangerous sport and they know what they signed up for when the picked that as a career.

    Just my thoughts
    KC

    ReplyDelete